troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Looks good. Did you hand wrap the wire? The wraps look good but the hook loop seems a little off and possibly tilted? Now go catch a fish with it and get addicted! ;)

Melvinp

Looks good. Did you hand wrap the wire? The wraps look good but the hook loop seems a little off and possibly tilted? Now go catch a fish with it and get addicted! ;)
I have a few pair of wire bending pliers but just starting to use them I can see a forming tool in my future

Melvinp

#2 this one made me bleed lol oh well not the first time

Attachments

• C1AAE41F-9161-4B7A-8222-5BEEA8B4767C.jpeg
    C1AAE41F-9161-4B7A-8222-5BEEA8B4767C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
#2 this one made me bleed lol oh well not the first time

Lol. I always said I poured my blood sweat and tears into my spinner making. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hooked myself. Easily a hundred times. And it still amazes me, I can hook myself with the softest touch yet fish throw hooks or don’t even get hooked.

Melvinp

Don’t worry TS the eye is way off on #1 now to figure out how to bend the loops so they are centered with the shaft I’m not using spinner wire it’s mig wire in .035 and it’s to soft and bends to easily no spring to it for don i based the spinner parts sizes on the wire size I think these would be #3&#4 size spinner

Melvinp

I will say your loops are 10 times better than mine and my spinners catch fish. TS is a OCD kind of guy. Love him!
I don’t have OCD it’s ADD or me I just went from tying flys to making worm rigs to slip bobbers to spinners and never missed a beat lol

Don

I have a good bit of ADD and how it affects me is it makes me unable to multitask very well initially. Initially, when learning a new thing, I only learn by immersion. When I decided to learn Flyfishing it is the only type of fishing I did for two years. Now I'm spin-casting and soon Baitcasting and that is all I'll do for the next year. Slowly but surely the spinning reel is coming back into the matrix. In time I think I'll be able to understand and use any method in a days work as needed to get the job done. This spinner stuff is intriguing. A-5 said I'd be impressed with what TS had accomplished so watching Uncle Melly go through the ropes is poignant to my own learning curve.

Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

I have a good bit of ADD and how it affects me is it makes me unable to multitask well initially. Initially when learning a new thing I only lear by immersion. When I decided to lear Flyfishing it is the only type of fishing I did for two years. Now I'm spin-casting and soon Baitcasting and that is all I'll do for the next year. Slowly but surely the spinning reel is fading back into the matrix. The all have their particular value and areas they excel at. In time I think I'll be able to understand and use ant in a days work as needed to get the Job done. This spinner stuff is intriguing. A-5 said I'd be impressed with what TS had accomplished so watch Uncle Melly go through the ropes is poignant to my own learning curve.
Nothing wrong with becoming a better fisherman. It doesn’t matter what gear or techniques you use as long as you know how to catch fish with them.

Melvinp

Don’t worry TS the eye is way off on #1 now to figure out how to bend the loops so they are centered with the shaft I’m not using spinner wire it’s mig wire in .035 and it’s to soft and bends to easily no spring to it for don i based the spinner parts sizes on the wire size I think these would be #3&#4 size spinner
I should add that I’m am using solid core wire not flux core