11-17-21 Searching for Stripers …. Again

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Heading out in a few minutes for another day of Raritan Bay / Sandy Hook Stripers. Conditions and reports points towards a good day….we shall see.

Unfortunately, I am nursing an elbow tendinitis issue from last weeks adventure. Nothing new, I’ve had issues with my elbows and wrists for many years, that’s what I get for being a CAD guy. I have a forearm strap to help me through the stress and a couple of aspirin just in case. Half of me wants to catch nothing LOL and the other half, an epic day….I’ll post back and let you know if I need rehab. ;)

truecrimson

Good luck. Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Remember you are looking for stripers in the ocean and strippers on shore. Don't get them confused, the bait is not interchangeable.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Turned out to be an excellent day and all of the fish were in the Bay. Stripers, Blues and even some dogfish. Not counting the dogfish, we caught about 25 fish with about 5 Gator Blues in the mix.

Big fish of the day went to both of us, each catching a 42” Striper on almost back to back casts. Brian’s next biggest was 41” and me a 40”. The rest went anywhere from 30” to 38”.

What a fantastic day, my arms literally hurt!

2ADDA682-3281-49FC-AF8F-54642F4F57B2.jpeg12A73469-8ADE-4687-BBAC-F49083A0C67C.jpegACC11ABE-6544-4C27-A87A-303C7FBAFD6F.jpeg027CAFB5-47F3-4D68-B4F7-97C28E359953.jpegF2617F3C-D58A-47B9-BBAC-00E4134E927C.jpeg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Next year you can be my friend. I hear Stripes are tasty. Blues are okay under 4 or 5lbs.
Stripers are in the lakes too! We’ll have to get together in the spring. I plan to shift a little more attention to catching stripers, whipers and walleye next year. Bass will still be king for me but I want to learn to consistently catch the others. I’m good on the whipers, pending I find them but I want to get better at finding all of them.

Don

That is definitely the key...finding them. It is a new step for me. My reason for going to Jersey is how very close it is. Spruce Run is also close and is where I learned to Sail. I kept a older 25' Sailboat on a trailer there.

Don

No Striper but Spruce run has them.

Gremcat

Nice to be in only a hoodie going into December too. I’d think it would be colder on the open water.

I’ve only had 1 Striper in my life. 48” was the MA minimum I think then. Grilled it was good. I’m with you on Mahi/Tuna though TS. I thought Tuna was king until I had Mahi. Should try and get a group trip planned to NC for June-July to chase them.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Nice to be in only a hoodie going into December too. I’d think it would be colder on the open water.
That was the last of that unfortunately. ;( I am now seeing pics of guys on the Facebook Groups bundled up good! but they are still around. If I didn't have this tennis elbow issue, I might be out there but I have to admit, a few days without elbow pain has been really nice!

Melvinp

That was the last of that unfortunately. ;( I am now seeing pics of guys on the Facebook Groups bundled up good! but they are still around. If I didn't have this tennis elbow issue, I might be out there but I have to admit, a few days without elbow pain has been really nice!
Can feel the elbow thing big time smashed my funny bone one to many times now I have a new shake not just the norm