2023 trout stocking

HenryDavid

Some lakes open to fishing year round are getting early stocking.

Winola 03/06/23

Hunters Lake 03/02/23

Frances Slocum 2/28

Reactions: Don

A-5

The phony idiots at the commission 15 years ago stated with the stamp less Trout bigger trout. I used to take my boys and they would catch fish and we had fun. Then after the idiots changed their ways I remember hitting a community hole that should have had the power bait brigade filthy with fish. And we saw two fish caught. And it just got worse and worse. Trout in PA is a joke. The fish commission is worse than the game commission and that’s saying something

Don

The phony idiots at the commission 15 years ago stated with the stamp less Trout bigger trout. I used to take my boys and they would catch fish and we had fun. Then after the idiots changed their ways I remember hitting a community hole that should have had the power bait brigade filthy with fish. And we saw two fish caught. And it just got worse and worse. Trout in PA is a joke. The fish commission is worse than the game commission and that’s saying something
cranky pooh!

Solitario Lupo

You can always be one of that guy who walks around with a can of corn and throwing it in the holes full of trout to feed them so the others can’t catch them.

Don M

I knew an old timer, that would do something like that. There were two deep holes that would hold fish, he would take 2 cans of cream corn. Drill holes in the top, put 4 oz of weight on the to sink (the day before opening day. He said the scent drove them crazy, and would not hit like trout do in the very beginning. He would use whole kernal soaked in cream corn juice. I will also say I saw him a few day later throwing a treble weight to remove the cans. Now I'm talking about 30 years ago, so he was the old timer to me.

Don M

Does anyone know why the delayed harvest & inseason trout stocking of, East Branch Brandywine Creek, Valley Ck W are POSTPONED in Chester County?

Gremcat

May be unrelated but Co/op has been getting a lot of sick fish from state and coupling in the lack of any real precipitation the past few years they are probably suffering cold water virus. State may be treating fish to protect waterway. Their meds aren't measurably better than salt but they sure cost more. May be off base.

Reactions: A-5