A little closer

Don M

Very nice work!! I really know nothing about making spinners. But do you think twisting would be easier heating the wire?

Melvinp

Very nice work!! I really know nothing about making spinners. But do you think twisting would be easier heating the wire?
It’s not real easy to bend really depends on the diameter of the wire the proper tools are very important

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Melvinp

Spinner over load all ready lol most of these have glass beads in them and I know that they will break if hit hard enough and are pretty light compared to solid brass but I like um and if it breaks I’ll just make a new one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: MB3

Don M

Yeah I wasn't sure if heating the wire (butane torch) would compromise the wire.

Attachments

• Thumbs up.jpg
    Thumbs up.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 0

Don M

That's the attitude I have when building rods. I don't buy top of the line blanks. I have fished with some very experienced builders, and caught fish off their rigs. with little exception, I don't feel the difference in feeling the bite.

MB3

We dabbled a little bit too. We also went with single hook in place of trebles. You may lose a few but catch and release is easier on the fish.

We need to dig our fly and spinner stuff out of the pile and do something to pass the time.

Melvinp

A little tungsten and brass

Attachments

• 7EB40375-9154-42F3-9620-9D1865C7BB8C.jpeg
    7EB40375-9154-42F3-9620-9D1865C7BB8C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Don

Yes now go fish in The Ark and report back. I thought I hadn't any interest until Troutspinner gifted me a few and it was pretty impressive.