Am I alone on the cleaning of rod or waders??!

Badge of honor yes or no? Clean the waders and rod or not?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

A-5

I have another thing that drives me nuts. And I will absolutely be on the minority. But I had a dude tell me a story and it ticked me off so much. Story to come

A-5

Clean your boat clean your reels. Absolutely my waders will walk on their own in 3 uses and stay that way until they die

Melvinp

I really should think what I’m going to say on that one before I push the button laugh my butt off bahahaha

Reactions: A-5

Blackcat Outdoors

I'll host my wader's off if they get super muddy for some reason, but I usually just let the creek take care of that. Only time the rods get a bath is if I drop them in.

Don

I'd have to decide which was dirtier...the inside or the outside. Then choose the best cleaner for the job. Let me say this, I've never seen dirt on the outside strong enough to make waders stand on their own...just saying.

A-5

I'd have to decide which was dirtier...the inside or the outside. Then choose the best cleaner for the job. Let me say this, I've never seen dirt on the outside strong enough to make waders stand on their own...just saying.
No no

It’s what’s in side that makes them stand up. I’m completely disrespectful to the inside of my waders.

Bootfoot

I’ve never washed a pair of waders or wader boots. I do wash funk off my rods when they get salty. otherwise, I might occasionally wipe them down with a rag but do not really wash them. I do take great care in not throwing them around on the ground so a bath is rarely necessary.

Don M

Freshwater: hose down hip boots if muddy, rods/reels wipe them down.
Saltwater: Rods and reels get cleaned with warm water and dawn dish soap. Spools soak in a bucket of warm water 1/2 hour. Wipe everything dry, thin coat of Corrosion block grease in the rotors and spools. Every 3rd trip housing is inspected oil & grease if needed.
I'm on a fixed income, so I need my gear to last.

Solitario Lupo

I don’t use my waders that much so I really don’t wash them. But other equipment I do rinse off because I am seeing viruses and disease getting passed around waterways plus all the invasive stuff like plants getting spread around to much. So it’s just not being neat for me but more for protection.

A5 your fishing a big water way that is filled with a lot of that stuff. If you go to some of your favorite smaller spots you might want to rinse so you don’t spread into those waters. I always wash stuff after fishing Lake Erie. A lot of Erie has that VHS on those fish. I won’t even buy minnows from a couple stores now because every time I do I get a virus or something going on in the minnow bucket.

HenryDavid

Caked on mud isn't good for breathable fabrics like gortex and similar. I usually hose off any mud just so I'm not dropping chunks in the car, etc. For my fly rods I like to keep the rod and guides clean, along with the fly line, so the line shoots better through the guides.

Don

I don’t use my waders that much so I really don’t wash them. But other equipment I do rinse off because I am seeing viruses and disease getting passed around waterways plus all the invasive stuff like plants getting spread around to much. So it’s just not being neat for me but more for protection.

A5 your fishing a big water way that is filled with a lot of that stuff. If you go to some of your favorite smaller spots you might want to rinse so you don’t spread into those waters. I always wash stuff after fishing Lake Erie. A lot of Erie has that VHS on those fish. I won’t even buy minnows from a couple stores now because every time I do I get a virus or something going on in the minnow bucket.
Scarry stuff.

pabassman

I wash my boat twice a year. I washed my icefishing hoodie and towel the other day. I got complaints about an odd smell in my truck lol. Cant do a lot for he coat and bibs.