Anyone ever caught anything on these?

Don

Tried them periodically and see them touted by the pros but never even saw a fish look at them. Are they for trolling in murky deep water? They sure are pretty and I have allot of them. What do you say?

Attachments

• FFCC844E-5EB3-4B62-870F-F93686B48E0B.jpeg
    FFCC844E-5EB3-4B62-870F-F93686B48E0B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Melvinp

Tried them periodically and see them touted by the pros but never even saw a fish look at them. Are they for trolling in murky deep water? They sure are pretty and I have allot of them. What do you say?
Yep not lots but worth having in the box.That’s a pretty good pickerel mix

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
We use to use Red Devils for trout at Blue Mountain Lakes when I was a kid. My Dad swore by them and Kastmasters but to be honest, they were freshly stocked trout and they hit everything. I have a few spoons in my arsenal but they are for saltwater duty. I have tried them in freshwater but no luck.

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

Ice fishing, yes. Letting it settle on the bottom and "bottom bouncing" by quick jigs so it created a disturbance on the bottom displacing silt, etc. Bass and pickerel would come in and hammer it. Also had some luck stripping up through the water column and letting them "bottlecap" drop down.

HenryDavid

Also recently watched some Canadian guys canoe tripping & camping using them trolling or on steady retrieve with a wobble, it worked for them.

Don

How do I get them to deliver Ice this time of year!
Ice fishing, yes. Letting it settle on the bottom and "bottom bouncing" by quick jigs so it created a disturbance on the bottom displacing silt, etc. Bass and pickerel would come in and hammer it. Also had some luck stripping up through the water column and letting them "bottlecap" drop down.

Oh really? And How many have you caught on these, Hmmmm?
Yep not lots but worth having in the box.That’s a pretty good pickerel mix
I'm gonna keep trying.

Don

We use to use Red Devils for trout at Blue Mountain Lakes when I was a kid. My Dad swore by them and Kastmasters but to be honest, they were freshly stocked trout and they hit everything. I have a few spoons in my arsenal but they are for saltwater duty. I have tried them in freshwater but no luck.
Phoebe and Kastmasters......two more lures I've never caught anything on. Remember a year ago I stated that I've never caught anything on plastic minnows and now I am catching a bit here and there.

WADMAN

Busy time of year. Haven't wet a line yet this season. I am a slave to the grind!

Years back we spent a good amount of time trolling down riggers for Lakers. School fish. You find them, you are on them for the day! DOZENS upon DOZENS! Fished close to the thermocline. Better as lake flipped in the fall. Fish closer to surface. No need for riggers then.