Anyone using Fishing Apps/Fishing Social Media?

truecrimson

I've messed around with fishidy before. I could never seem to easily to do what I thought I needed to do. something about it didn't mesh with me.

The (no longer quite so) new kayak came with ads for ANGLR. I tried messing with it a couple of times. It seems a lot more in depth and perhaps more useful, than Fishidy. But correspondingly more complicated and difficult to use. Or understand. Or figure out exactly what I am using it for.

Are any of you using Fishidy or ANGLR? Something else? How do you use them (technical details of how you do the specific things you find useful)? Why do use them? For what purpose or function?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I used Fishbrain at one time but I kind of had the same feeling as you, what am I using this for? I tried to keep track of the data with the lure/bait I used but it wasn't making me learn anything so to speak so I just abandoned it.

Don

Because youre a benevolent benefactor of the sport with followers and disciples applauding your very existence. Where did you say to fish?

truecrimson

So the general consensus is that the apps seem to be mainly for bragging and burning your own spots, and not really for collecting useful data. Cool. I guess I will abandon that project and continue to just drop favorite spots on the mapping app on my phone.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Just a quick tip for collecting some data. I am sure Android phones do this too but on my iPhone, I go into photos and then places. In there, if you zoom into a lake you fish, you’ll see everywhere you’ve caught a fish that you took a photo of. It really does start creating a pattern that you can use in the future. We do this on the bay as well to remember places and most importantly, dates we’ve found stripers.

Solitario Lupo

Thing is here it’s a bunch of good people talking about fishing then more bragging. Other forums have a lot of trolls so it breaks out into fights and name calling. As for other like Facebook or apps it’s more than sharing a pic. Who needs stars and points.

Anyone ever read some of those comments posted under the pics. Seems like a lot of haters. I wouldn’t want to post a pic just to hear people cry that I know how to catch fish and they don’t.

truecrimson

Just a quick tip for collecting some data. I am sure Android phones do this too but on my iPhone, I go into photos and then places. In there, if you zoom into a lake you fish, you’ll see everywhere you’ve caught a fish that you took a photo of. It really does start creating a pattern that you can use in the future. We do this on the bay as well to remember places and most importantly, dates we’ve found stripers.
Now that was cool.

I Android I can't seem to find a "places" at least for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. However if I go to a particular photo, and then details. there is a map of where that photo was taken. Tap the map and it will expand into a map with all of the pics on it, each displaying the number of pics in that location.Screenshot_20211002-114122_Gallery.jpg

HenryDavid

I use social media in order to find out river levels, water clarity, conditions, the rest is up to me. Half the fun is finding the fish, especially in some remote spot no one ever bothered to fish.

Melvinp

Now that was cool.

I Android I can't seem to find a "places" at least for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. However if I go to a particular photo, and then details. there is a map of where that photo was taken. Tap the map and it will expand into a map with all of the pics on it, each displaying the number of pics in that location.View attachment 1739
Very cool