Attractants

Don

Sol Says we need attractions on his Crawdads. What say ye? I bet Uncle Melvin and the Northern Tier Troop know all about these. Here is some of what Sol said:
"Now we are into scents.... haha......bunch of stuff...."
Except where paraphrased it is an exact quote.

What are your thoughts on scents?

pabassman

I'm a fan of powerbait. 4" worms for finessing, 7" for flipping. 2" gulp minnows for calico and perch. I make basically a smelly jelly of my own. Just vaseline and craw or Chompers garlic.

Don

It dawned on me when Sol sent me all those nice plastics all neatly wrapped that I could squirt that which I need for the day.

How much is enough???

Don

I was also thinking Bunker oil. I read that natural fish oils are the best base for other scents as fish oil washes off the slowest. We will see.

Don M

Trout I'm a Trout Magnet guy, Gulp Alive trout worms, Gulp alive crickets, all on a trout magnet jig head. And Panther Martins #4, going to try the dual flash this spring.

Attachments

• Gulp Alive 2 inch.jpeg
    Gulp Alive 2 inch.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 2
  • panther-martin-size-6-1-4oz-regular-gold-black-bod.jpg
    panther-martin-size-6-1-4oz-regular-gold-black-bod.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Trout I'm a Trout Magnet guy, Gulp Alive trout worms, Gulp alive crickets, all on a trout magnet jig head. And Panther Martins #4, going to try the dual flash this spring.

I use them too. The 1” minnows. It’s the only thing you need to catch crappie and whipers at Blue Marsh.

Solitario Lupo

I was also thinking Bunker oil. I read that natural fish oils are the best base for other scents as fish oil washes off the slowest. We will see.
You still are going to need to apply it when fishing. Get a good layer on the lure then cast a couple times then add more.

Reactions: Don

Don M

I use to see a guy trout fishing after catching one, he would rub the fish and than rub it on the lure.

Melvinp

Anything to mask your scent. Even rubbing it in the dirt of the waters bottom.
Wonder why my muddy flies would work.
Heard that referenced by Lefty Lreh many times in books and videos I’m a true believer myself being a mechanic I have to really wash my hands to getting the scent of solvents and even oil based hand cleaners off my hands before I go fishing