August 10, 2021 - State of the Site

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I just upgraded our forum software and server database software a few minutes ago. Hopefully this will solve the spammers we've seen lately.

I also cleaned out some users that were spammers but this has made me realize, we need more users!

Don't get me wrong, the people here are great and the group is really cohesive so I am almost afraid to spoil what we have but some new users would be nice to increase the conversation and topics. If you know or meet someone at the lake / stream / wherever that is into fishing, please let them know about our community and how awesome we all are. ;)

Solitario Lupo

I’ve noticed some new names but when you click on the members list, no new names show up.
As for letting people know I carry around some slips with me that I print out with the forum name.
I try but some people just don’t get into it.

Gremcat

SL that’s a great idea! I meet a lot of newer fishermen around JT and inevitably spend the best fishing hours helping/advising them until they catch a few fish.

It’d be a lot easier to turn them loose here, LoL.

Gremcat

For some reason on new devices the site doesn’t come up. I have to hand type the address to find it. I sort of remember search engines charging for top of page links. Odd it doesn’t show at all though.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
For some reason on new devices the site doesn’t come up. I have to hand type the address to find it. I sort of remember search engines charging for top of page links. Odd it doesn’t show at all though.

Can you elaborate on this please? If I type in paangling on a Google search, this site comes up first.

I don’t know if you recall but I had to change the site from pa anglers to paangling because of search engine bans on that address. Are you using the old site address?

Melvinp

If we’re not going to make it let us know before hand as much as possible so we can at least have one last blow out or at least a group chat of some sort even a live chat would be cool thanks for the time and effort you have put into this hopefully 10000 people join tomorrow but I don’t where rose colored glasses

Nappy

Wh
If we’re not going to make it let us know before hand as much as possible so we can at least have one last blow out or at least a group chat of some sort even a live chat would be cool thanks for the time and effort you have put into this hopefully 10000 people join tomorrow but I don’t where rose colored glasses
What do ya mean not gona make it? Melvin whats up? Have I missed something? Haven't been on in awhile, supper busy lately

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
No worries there. This site is a minimal cost for me as I am using the server that I run my business site on.

If you’re worried about the “interest” aspect, no worries there either. This site was literally created to “keep the band together”. I have no aspirations of creating a large site or monetizing, etc. I do however believe that we have a great group of members that people who do not know about the site would enjoy being part of.

Don

I understand all of this comes with a cost. I have learned so much and you've all been so patient with my immature ramblings and how I bust up threads so often. Sorry, thanks, appreciate you all.

truecrimson

Speaking of friends, has anyone heard from Streaker lately? Or is he spending all his time with that other forum?

HenryDavid

I like it the way it is, no BS. What do we have to gain by increasing membership? I don't see any Ads to drive traffic to.

Reactions: A-5

josey12340

I like this site a lot. Glad TS was willing and had the know how to put this together. More members would mean more posts I guess. Sometimes problems come along with " more" participation

Blackcat Outdoors

I still talk to him on occasion. I don't spend nearly as much time over on PAFOA anymore, but I have his number. I invited him over at the beginning, but I'll try again. He's been pretty busy lately.