Back To The Road Post Covid

Gremcat

Flying to Memphis for an unsolicited interview at a Tech Start-Up. I’ve been in big Corp 4.5 years. Either way my current role is 80+% travel and with vaccines getting around I’ll be a Road Warrior again soon. Enjoying PA and it’ll have to be a strong offer. I’ve heard a few stock options numbers that are beyond lucrative but I’ve been there before in my early 20’s as one of the original 18 or so in a Tech Startup JPM valued at $1.2-1.8 BN AkA “Google Money”. Year later bankrupt with China dumping Solar on market. It’ll be interesting to see air travel post Covid as well as interviewing through a mask. I’ve been through 2 rounds and know an Exec so this is the part where they verify I’m not a nut and I see how jacked up they are. It’s a one year pipeline to VP so not a minor deal. Their tech looks phenomenal on the surface, revolutionary really. They usually look pretty good though. I already caught their Founder off guard when I closed our Zoom interview with 1 question. “Do you have a realistic path to profitability?”. Not are you profitable. He paused and somewhat hesitantly said yes. They had an IPO so it’s no secret anyway. Guessing cash burn is $15-20mn / month based on what’s been put in from VCs over 10 years and how quickly after the last tranche they went public. It was 8 months earlier than planned.

I’ve a low key role working for the largest Org in their space reporting to a BOD indirectly. So what in the HECK am I doing looking at this craziness? LoL

Guess the TAIS assessment I had years ago was spot on. “Needs chaos to thrive” LoL

Gremcat

I’ll let y’all know what flying is like if like me you’ve not flown since this all started.

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Flying into Detroit I’m wondering how the fishing is today in steelhead alley, LoL. Probably a lot wrong with me. Huge decision/meeting pending and I just want to fish.BE6D06CE-92F1-4949-AC40-C903616013DC.jpeg770F7A7E-0624-46BB-BCE1-C6E834258BAB.jpegBBDF5ACC-071F-4A31-B221-99A3FB72EB48.jpeg

Reactions: A-5

Gremcat

Thx TS, it was a very nice facility. Unfortunately it was down for a scheduled pm so I missed seeing the tech. No idea where it’ll go but strongly believe there will be some insurmountable areas we won’t resolve. Even managed to look at local area. I can’t fly back a day early without paying $1500 to move flights. I think I see how airlines are covering some of the losses of half loaded planes flying.