Backpacking

Blackcat Outdoors

Change of plans. The guy I was going to hike with and shuttle cars came down with the coof. On top of that, the Mrs woke up this morning with a fever, cough, and sore throat. I'm planning on switching to the Old Loggers Path, so I can do a loop closer to home. That's as long as the Mrs is feeling okay tomorrow morning.

HenryDavid

Change of plans. The guy I was going to hike with and shuttle cars came down with the coof. On top of that, the Mrs woke up this morning with a fever, cough, and sore throat. I'm planning on switching to the Old Loggers Path, so I can do a loop closer to home. That's as long as the Mrs is feeling okay tomorrow morning.
There's Ghosts in Masten

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

Sorry to hear about your friend and wife. Will pray for both.

Melvinp

Close, but it was The Mountain Men. The character was Henry Frapp played by Brian Keith. But I can see you are a connoisseur of classic film so I will give you full points. ;)
See that to much movie watching and not enough fishen lol

Reactions: A-5

Blackcat Outdoors

Ended up coming home last night. Wife definitely has the coof and I trashed my left ankle and knee. We ended up doing a little over 20 miles in 2 days.

Lessons learned
1. I need to lose another 50lbs to make anything over an overnight work.
2. My daughter is a trooper and is starting to be able to do most camp stuff by herself. She even made me coffee in the morning. 😁

IMG_20221008_142342886.jpg
IMG_20221009_075205490_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

HenryDavid

Ended up coming home last night. Wife definitely has the coof and I trashed my left ankle and knee. We ended up doing a little over 20 miles in 2 days.

Lessons learned
1. I need to lose another 50lbs to make anything over an overnight work.
2. My daughter is a trooper and is starting to be able to do most camp stuff by herself. She even made me coffee in the morning. 😁

View attachment 4170
View attachment 4171
I'll bet it was chilly up there, were you able to be warm enough in the hammock?

Blackcat Outdoors

I'll bet it was chilly up there, were you able to be warm enough in the hammock?
Yeah, my daughter stole my winter rated underquilt though. I was using my 40° rated one and it got a little chilly twards daylight. Wasn't bad, but the winter one would have been more comfortable. We both have 20° down sleeping bags on top, so they worked just fine. It probably dipped a couple degrees below freezing. There was frost in the morning.