Backpacking

Blackcat Outdoors

20230506_195151.jpg20230507_065602.jpgVideoCapture_20230507-213314.jpg

Camp right along this Trout stream. I was too wupped after that hike to even think about fishing by the time I got camp setup. I planned to fish the next morning, which I did for 1/2 an hour or so. I ate breakfast and went for my "morning constitution " and a group of 3 kids came in and started fishing. 🤨

Well, guess it's time to start hiking out then.

Blackcat Outdoors

IMG_20230507_104051_01.jpg20230507_112747.jpg
More views and of course rocks on the way out.

20230507_120539.jpg
Definitely a couple old dudes contemplating our life choices on the way out. 😉

I gotta give props to my friend Joe. He's pushing 70 and legged this out with me. I hope I can still do this stuff in another 20 years.

Blackcat Outdoors

20231001_173600.jpg

Packed up and took a practice hike today with a full load out. Planning on finally getting back to the West Rim trail starting next Saturday. I switched back to my slightly smaller Gregory pack. It's a little smaller and heavier than my other, but it carries way more comfortably. Maxed out here with food and water, it's at @ 35lbs.

Blackcat Outdoors

Great trip and epic views. My knees didn't hold up too bad, but unfortunately I found I've developed an ankle problem now. Been hobbling around since. I'm hoping to sort it out before too long, since I've got some other trips planned here this fall.

A-5

Cat man I also have had a ankle issue I got stung by a bee in the summer and immediately had pain leading to severe pain in the ankle It’s seems to have backed off to manageable but oofff Great pics of your trip Awesome stuff

Blackcat Outdoors

Cat man I also have had a ankle issue I got stung by a bee in the summer and immediately had pain leading to severe pain in the ankle It’s seems to have backed off to manageable but oofff Great pics of your trip Awesome stuff
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're not hobbled too much up north this fall. I think mine might be an arthritis issue. Probably and old/fat in general issue too. I'm going to try some rehab exercises and if that doesn't help next time, it'll off to the doctor again I guess.

A-5

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're not hobbled too much up north this fall. I think mine might be an arthritis issue. Probably and old/fat in general issue too. I'm going to try some rehab exercises and if that doesn't help next time, it'll off to the doctor again I guess.
I’m with you I think the bee sting just inflamed arthritis that was most likely there. It’s funny the more I use it, the better it feels . Now it stiffens up when I don’t use it. Lol..