Batteries

Don

I am using a 12v deep cycle to troll and for transportation. I've had a slip-on breaker protecting the motor on the positive terminal. It broke off yesterday and I wonder if I even needed it for that 100$ minnkota?
For your simpler systems over the years have yins worried about installing a brake or fuse.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
For a simple TM and battery, I never have. Not saying I probably should have but no. On my current and last boat, I am fused but it’s a different beast as the TM is up front and the batteries in the rear.

Don

Yes I would expect your new boat to have a panel as it is likely to be more complex. Like A-5 said, "Nope", its kind of how I feel. Who else has a boat with simple set-up?

Melvinp

No breakers or fuses on the trolling motor on the toy but everything else is.Never really seen any on an electric motor of any sort relays yes but no breakers or fuses no usually a good amount of juice is required that’s probably why.

Don

Well I won't feel bad then. Since this 30 dollars breaker broke I'll run without. Thanks folks for the input.