Battery

Melvinp

We went with 2 NAPA dual propose batteries for the new toy hooked them together to run the trolling motor and all the gizmos find out next year on how they hold up.the toy has 3 batteries total the third is only for starting the gas motor and that’s a Walmart that came with the boat

Don

Did you folks stick with freshwater motors? Did you stay 12vt or move up to 24 or 36 or 48.
Melvin does your motor kick up automatically when you hit bottom or strike a stump?
TS what lbs thrust are you using?

Melvinp

fresh water it is and 12volt as for jumping up automatically no supposed to be a unbreakable shaft but i am not in a hurry to find out.

Don

This is info is helpful as I will be building a boat before long. my boat is too small for multiple fishermen and it doesn't track well being its a drift boat.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This is info is helpful as I will be building a boat before long. my boat is too small for multiple fishermen and it doesn't track well being its a drift boat.

My boat would probably be fine with 55lbs. but the Ultrex comes in 80 or higher. There is a setting on the Ultrex and other iPilot trolling motors that lets you set the boat weight. If it weren't for that setting, I am sure I would have met the water already from being thrown.