BladeSkills

Don

Lets get slicing... Henry Davids Trout Catch's inspired this posting.

truecrimson

I put the fish back and get chicken on the way home ;)

But it's a free-ish country and you paid for those fish in taxes and fees. If you want to filled and eat fish be my guest.

Don

If any criteria is important it is sharpness and knowledge of that fishes anatomy. I also don't care for most fillet knives. The shapes are too accentuated for me.
Nice work Grem!

Gremcat

If any criteria is important it is sharpness and knowledge of that fishes anatomy. I also don't care for most fillet knives. The shapes are too accentuated for me.
Nice work Grem!
Yep, quick work in sink with cleaver. Not my finest work but then again I don’t have fine work when it comes to filleting. Last side I wasn’t as clean with tail meat. I used paring knife and not much extra came off but looks sloppy. I was rushing, kids are waiting at fire pit for a birthday/Mother’s Day hot dogs over grill meal.

Fish tomorrow

2C3DF441-11AC-4ADB-806D-1688103565B1.jpegE374D689-585C-4EE7-9592-35201DF8B2F7.jpeg

Attachments

• A06DF005-E14C-4655-BA40-F0774EE69C76.jpeg
    A06DF005-E14C-4655-BA40-F0774EE69C76.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Gremcat

The first side before it went too deep in sink was cleaner cut. I usually use a knife we got when the elderly couple we bought our first house from left it behind. It needs new handles/scales but it’s cleaned a ton of game over the years. Maybe 100 whitetail and countless fish. Plus a few Bear and gator.

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

Still use the worksharp station. Took getting used to but gets them sharp. After 30 or 50 deer I found a worksharp and my life got better! Won’t tolerate a dull knife ever again.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Still use the worksharp station. Took getting used to but gets them sharp. After 30 or 50 deer I found a worksharp and my life got better! Won’t tolerate a dull knife ever again.

I've been using the Work Sharp for years. I've never been good at sharpening knives and the Work Sharp makes it easy. I have gotten better at using the steel that is in my knife block over the years so that keeps them nicely maintained between sharpenings.