Blue Marsh & Beltzville Lakes

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Throwing this out there for anyone who would like to meet up and fish with me on my boat. I fish Blue Marsh and Beltzville often and I always enjoy fishing with others as I/we can both learn something new. Even people who have never fished before have taught me things as they have a different perspective.

I typically only fish freshwater on weekdays as weekends get way too busy on these lakes. If you ever want to join me on my boat, say the word. Fair warning, I'm a pretty normal dude but I do smoke cigarettes so if you have an allergy or condition, probably not the best choice. If you do by chance smoke, come join the dying crowd.

truecrimson

What time of day on weekdays? Currently I'm working east, but I don't get out of work until 3 or 4 most weekdays.

Gremcat

What are you chasing on Beltzville? I’m in JT and the Po is a favorite. Hear there’s nice Striper and browns in Beltzville. My 73 yo neighbor stumbled on a few mondo stripers up the creek and got them on his 5wt. I’m in an interesting place work wise so weekdays aren’t an issue at all. I’m not sure I’m normal but I’m not talking to the other people in my head crazy either.

I live right above Glen Onoko if you ever want to poke around the Lehigh or tribs. I may know a few places that hold creek spawning trout year round. My pb is only 4 lbs or so. Neighbor has a better record with an 7-8 lbs brown topping last year and a ‘bow just under 12 lbs a few years back. Carol’s has a Polaroid or two of him.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I was on a wild trout kick for close to 20 years and have fished several streams in that area, including the Po with some great success. One of the reasons I bought a boat was to get into other species of fish and now I am on the Bass and Crappie kick but to be perfectly honest, I can be easily distracted by any species. I have caught a few Stripers on Beltzville but only because I found them actively feeding. Hard to deny throwing a swimbait into a blitz as I do love striper fishing but I fish them mainly in saltwater. At Beltzville, I have caught LM, SM, Striper, Pickerel, Perch and White Bass but my rhythm with almost any outing is to find Bass until I am distracted by something else I cannot deny casting to. That's not to say I can't be focused if you want to target a certain species, I just love fishing for almost anything.

I'll bug ya when I plan to head up there next. It will be a few weeks yet as Striper in NJ will be quickly ramping up and I'll be full on Striper Brain at that point.

Gremcat

Sounds good, I hear Striper in CT in the sound is good now too. Haven’t fished Striper in salt for probably 20 years though. Portsmouth was where we’d go back when I was mid teens.