Blue Marsh

truecrimson

The old Battleship all dressed up and ready to go. I brought some of the longer rods as Blue Marsh holds some bigger fish than I usually encounter. Bigger species, not just bigger individuals.
20211011_111422.jpg

About to launch the battleship in a tight place.
20211011_111956.jpg

The forest maze
20211011_112537.jpg

Had to lay the rods down to get through the first couple of sections. Up ahead the creek makes an abrupt right turn.
20211011_112704.jpg

Sitting in the corner of the turn facing where I came from.
20211011_112805.jpg

Where I am going.
20211011_112807.jpg

And finally we have the opening to the west arm of the lake.
20211011_112919.jpg

The infamous algea.
20211011_113207.jpg20211011_113310.jpg

Clear water. The tackle bag worked well. I still have to try it in the Vibe. It might not be as good in the smaller yak, but in the Ride it is fine.
20211011_142303.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Nice photos and descriptions TC. I am not familiar with that launch although I’ve seen people on YouTube in some skinny water there so maybe a similar area?

Hoping to get out there this week. Docks are coming out Wednesday so traffic this upcoming weekend could be nice? Hard to say to be honest, I’ve seen traffic increase there when the docks first come out. Many die-hard anglers won’t touch that lake during recreation time and they wait for fall. Wind is blowing consistent into the eastern side of the lake. If you can find a pocket (there are several) it could be some really good fishing.

truecrimson

Nice photos and descriptions TC. I am not familiar with that launch although I’ve seen people on YouTube in some skinny water there so maybe a similar area?

Hoping to get out there this week. Docks are coming out Wednesday so traffic this upcoming weekend could be nice? Hard to say to be honest, I’ve seen traffic increase there when the docks first come out. Many die-hard anglers won’t touch that lake during recreation time and they wait for fall. Wind is blowing consistent into the eastern side of the lake. If you can find a pocket (there are several) it could be some really good fishing.

I put a red circle where it is on the map you posted before. By the time I got to the 4 just inside the left edge of your green box I had to turn around. It was too bouncy, even in the 13.5' monster. A number of the boats that whizzed past me headed down that arm to the south. It made me curious but there were about 4 or 5 boats down there and it didn't seem like a good place for kayaker.

Blue Marsh1.jpg

Don

I wanted to relieve these areas in orange of any panfish or pickerel.

Attachments

• Blue Marsh1 2.jpg
    Blue Marsh1 2.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 9

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I put a red circle where it is on the map you posted before. By the time I got to the 4 just inside the left edge of your green box I had to turn around. It was too bouncy, even in the 13.5' monster. A number of the boats that whizzed past me headed down that arm to the south. It made me curious but there were about 4 or 5 boats down there and it didn't seem like a good place for kayaker.

View attachment 1837

Wow. I ventured down there a couple weeks ago but didn’t make it that far in. Just past that arm. People will go fast in that area as it is far away from where the no wake buoys start and you rarely see people back that far.

truecrimson

If you go back there be careful. Just west/left of the narrow section immediately west/left of the southern arm entrance stumps start and go all the way back to the creek opening. I found them by bumping them with my yak or my paddle. I can't imagine they'd be good for a boat and I think that is why most of the boats went south, and none went far back to the west/left.

I hope that all makes sense.

truecrimson

I wanted to relieve these areas in orange of any panfish or pickerel.
I think your best best would be to launch at Shiedy and hit the orange circled area closest to it. Your 2nd best shot would the orange circled areas around dry brook launch. But that is very wake, and will be bouncy.

Reactions: Don

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Hard to say to be honest, I’ve seen traffic increase there when the docks first come out
I have to quote myself on this one. Fished there today and the only way to describe it is what the guy at the ramp said to me when I was leaving, “What a Shit Show”. I said yep, you’d think it was the first day of summer. On a Thursday no less. Ugh!

Caught a few. Fish seem to be dispersed everywhere but getting bit deep was impossible except for one. I found this guy in some grass as the winner of the day.

1B511F78-A0A5-46C0-AE2D-1808223897FB.jpeg