Bottom bouncers

Don

Made me think of the Adventures in the Ark.
I bet Don309 could use these for flounder.

Attachments

• BC8BE5A3-2EA2-47DF-A895-2A50566E0B01.jpeg
    BC8BE5A3-2EA2-47DF-A895-2A50566E0B01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7

Don

I tried for them a couple times on the Delaware river but never caught any

Don

it’s been a long time and I don’t quite remember anything more than that I needed help.
H E L P !

Melvinp

Lower the rig straight down of the boat until the wire hits the bottom (just the tip) then slowly drag it along the bottom it follows the contour of the bottom but not as likely to get hung up and only disturbers the bottom a little unlike dragging a sinker.It’s a trolling or drifting technique only not meant to sit on the bottom

Melvinp

Here’s a sample of different bottom bouncers the smaller one is a eagle claw 1oz the bigger version is a 2oz that my walleye guy uses on the great lakes much longer and heavier for dragging through the deep weed beds

Attachments

• AFE5DF31-28AC-407C-9BC2-DA291EF02521.jpeg
    AFE5DF31-28AC-407C-9BC2-DA291EF02521.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Don

Yes. Now when you say worm rigs are you including other soft baits. Wouldn’t this system be as natural for plastic or even real minnows?

Melvinp

Yes. Now when you say worm rigs are you including other soft baits. Wouldn’t this system be as natural for plastic or even real minnows?
I would say so but minnows might roll as you drag them along the biggest thing is to keep your speed down like. .5 mph or lower you actually need to hold the rod in your hands to feel the bottom.I tried to put it in a rod holder and it does work but not as good but I’m just learning the beginning stages of this and by far am not an expert by no means

Don

I have two. The o e is a double that I showed you and Z. I want to use them in water deep enough to not have bottom weeds. Maybe mauch chunk. Maybe Merrill.

Melvinp

I have two. The o e is a double that I showed you and Z. I want to use them in water deep enough to not have bottom weeds. Maybe mauch chunk. Maybe Merrill.
Anything worth trying at least twice when it comes to fishing

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

I would say so but minnows might roll as you drag them along the biggest thing is to keep your speed down like. .5 mph or lower you actually need to hold the rod in your hands to feel the bottom.I tried to put it in a rod holder and it does work but not as good but I’m just learning the beginning stages of this and by far am not an expert by no means
I would think that would be the hard part, 5mph would be almost too fast, slower the better.