Brushes again

Melvinp

Going to start this in the middle from hot fly making dubbing brushes from hide strips #1 lol cut hide into 1/8 to 1/4 strips get a old hair brush and clean all the loose fibers from the strip. I think this is muskrat hide

Attachments

• C27E7E12-1641-469D-BC35-5D33F7EEAF56.jpeg
    C27E7E12-1641-469D-BC35-5D33F7EEAF56.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Melvinp

#2 make your wire triangle apply a little dubbing wax to the wire. I make sure the top of my triangle is closed at the top by either sinching the wire over it self or giving it a twist

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Melvinp

#3 there a complete reject of a dubbing brush or maybe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Melvinp

Now it a nymph brush lol if you don’t try you won’t know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

Melvinp

Now this is a bunny brush but it’s been processed and dyed the fibers don’t seem to stick together as much and create a fuller brush

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Don

Fuller Brush. You're not old enough to remember the Fuller Brush man.
Do you pull out the fluff? I will practice with the rabbit furs I have here because I really am embarrassingly bad at anything that goes in a dubbing loop.
Thanks you for the images above. Good examples for reference.
I'm soon turning in for the night but I wanted to give you all a chance to see my first attempt. This should put a spring in your steps and a smirk on your faces. Go ahead, get it out of your system, eventually you'll see, lol, I'll beat this thing. IMG_0146.JPGIMG_0144.JPG

Don

Rabbit. #2 SS Saltwater Bait Hook. Got 10x more fluff out of it than I did hair. IMG_0158.JPGIMG_0157.JPGIMG_0158.JPG