Carp flies

Solitario Lupo

Since I haven’t tied anything up for awhile now and it’s the new year so was thinking what to tie up. Might actually try to get some actual good flies for carp and not by luck flies.

Post up what you know, flies that have worked for you. If you have any.

Melvinp

I think that luck has a lot to do with carp I’ve seen them come up through the current like a herd of cattle eating everything in their path except for that thistle (being my fly) and keep moving they are a lot smarter than people think. Patterns I’ve heard work are generally standard trout nymphs but on heavier hooks and things like crawfish patterns and buggers

Solitario Lupo

Come on melvinp I was counting on you for this one haha. I heard someone getting them on a nymph pattern but gotta play with them. So far no crayfish pattern has work. Some say brown buggers but never works for me. I was thinking the black ops, the hybrid, or carp bug. To start.

Melvinp

never caught a crap on the fly but i did tie one that did small bumbell eye,Size 6 jig hook,black marabou tail(Short) and a chenelle and hackel wrapped body.just a bugger tied on a jig hook with lead bumbell eye i think red the rest all black.Did it for a fly swap on another site.

Solitario Lupo

Don't think it's wool. Its the yarn dubbing I made in the coffee grinder. Cut pieces a little longer so when I brush if fluffed up more on hook.