Covid positive but my exemption was accepted

truecrimson

Last night I got a mild headache, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, mild cough. I have been working a lot and losing sleep the last week or so, so I figured that was it. This morning I felt the same so I tested myself. 2 rapids, both positive. Symptoms are still very mild.

I already loaded up on vitamin D, C, took a neb with duoneb and pulmicort, and messaged my doctor asking for Ivermectin, fluvoxamine and prednisone. He probably won't give it all to me but we'll see. I started taking my own ivermectin that I had sourced independently in anticipation of corporate fascism on the part of UPMC Pinnacle. They have a policy preventing their doctors, PAs, and NPs from signing exemptions so I figured they'd have policies against unapproved meds too.

When I was talking to HR they told me my exemption was accepted so I won't lose my job at least. Looks like I will have to test every work day. For those confused about this and the recent supreme court rulings, they let the stay on the OSHA mandate stand but removed the stay on the CMS mandate. CMS is Center for Medicare/Medicaid services. Their mandate applies to any facilities that take medicare/medicaid payments.

WADMAN

Best of luck. Down here Wellspan is now mandating WORKING when testing POSITIVE! Though if you get the 'JABs' and have a reaction, they will cover up to 14 days of leave before a reevaluation. So everyone being admitted or having babies or elective surgeries will be tested... elective surgery will be canceled if you are positive. HOWEVER you could go in clean and have nurses, Dr, or therapists caring for you that are known positive.
They don't know their a$$ from their elbow on the matter.

truecrimson

Wow. I hate to hear that. I did a contract with Wellspan in Summer of 2020 at Good Sam here in Lebanon and they really had it going on. They had the best isolation procedures I have seen throughout this entire thing. Sad to hear they are falling apart. It seems like more and more places are.

A-5

Last night I got a mild headache, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, mild cough. I have been working a lot and losing sleep the last week or so, so I figured that was it. This morning I felt the same so I tested myself. 2 rapids, both positive. Symptoms are still very mild.

I already loaded up on vitamin D, C, took a neb with duoneb and pulmicort, and messaged my doctor asking for Ivermectin, fluvoxamine and prednisone. He probably won't give it all to me but we'll see. I started taking my own ivermectin that I had sourced independently in anticipation of corporate fascism on the part of UPMC Pinnacle. They have a policy preventing their doctors, PAs, and NPs from signing exemptions so I figured they'd have policies against unapproved meds too.

When I was talking to HR they told me my exemption was accepted so I won't lose my job at least. Looks like I will have to test every work day. For those confused about this and the recent supreme court rulings, they let the stay on the OSHA mandate stand but removed the stay on the CMS mandate. CMS is Center for Medicare/Medicaid services. Their mandate applies to any facilities that take medicare/medicaid payments.
So exemption for jab or prescriptions?

truecrimson

This contractor jab mandate is outrageous. Two I received ivermectin legally and for humans👍🏿
My doc said "No." He didn't clearly say if it was him or policy. I anticipated this and ordered form Ukraine a while back ;) I just can't get the fluvoxamine.

truecrimson

Right. Ok. Well. Contractors aren’t getting the exemption. Simply a attack on pursuit of happiness
I think we got the exemptions based on lack of staffing more than anything. Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of us are not vaxxed and we are critically short handed already

Don

It amazes me how leaderless we are.

Additionally it amazes me whom has died and who hasn't. I was a 3 pack a day smoker until I was 40. I've had it twice. I don't enjoy it but I got better. Same for my asthmatic wife. I lost two friends last week and they were the healthy habits types and they surprised us all.

Blackcat Outdoors

Hope you feel better. You know what to watch for with your breathing. I had it mild when it was Delta. Omicron seems way less dangerous from everything I've read and that's what's going around now. I actually wouldn't mind getting it over with and just catching that variant to double up on my immune system, but after my wife's reaction, we're being fairly cautious.

Blackcat Outdoors

It amazes me how leaderless we are.

Additionally it amazes me whom has died and who hasn't. I was a 3 pack a day smoker until I was 40. I've had it twice. I don't enjoy it but I got better. Same for my asthmatic wife. I lost two friends last week and they were the healthy habits types and they surprised us all.
Same experience here. I'm obese, use nicotine, drink frequently, and eat like a trucker. I was over it in days. Wife almost bought it from it and she's a teatotaling healthy eater. Made no sense to me.

truecrimson

Yeah, the first half of 2020 I was watching young healthy people, and a lot of young Amish barn building guys get extremely sick and die. The 2nd half of 2020 I was watching old fat people with a ton of comorbidities get through it like the standard pneumonias they get every year.

Melvinp

Hope you take it just like a normal cold good luck feel better and get fishing I get my number 3 Friday don’t think I’ll hit the can as much this time lol

truecrimson

So far O2 sat has stayed in the mid to high 90s. Temp went up to 100.9 and came back down to my normal 96-97. Throughout the day I felt worse, but never horrible. It started tapering off in the evening. Now I feel a little better than I did this morning.

I went out and picked up the prednisone, and some stuff from the store. Wore a well fitted N95, and a procedure mask over it, to protect others., My wife said I should not be going out but she can't because she never learned to drive and her "normal" issues have her out of action anyway. No one else can run errands for us, so I didn't have much choice. All in all it feels like a mild head cold so far. I attribute that to the aggressive treatment and black market meds.

Last edited:

truecrimson

My doc asked for regular updates. This is what I sent him this morning. I am continuing with the meds, but this is becoming a vacation. Thank God, and thank God for Ivermectin. Ivermectin and prayer.

AM Update
Sat 96%-97% on room air
Temp 97.6
Blood sugar 140 (prednisone will raise blood sugar)

I feel much better this morning. No shortness of breath. I still have a very mild cough, and minor nose irritation and stuffiness. If I didn't know I was positive I would not be able to distinguish this from allergies, or a mild dust exposure.

If this was anything else I wouldn't be taking nebs at this point, and I wouldn't call off from work. I would have yesterday, but certainly not today.

I tested Monica twice yesterday and once so far today. She is still negative.