Covid positive but my exemption was accepted

truecrimson

Well, as I tapered the prednisone down pulmonary symptoms increased. It feels a lot like the good old fashioned respiratory pattern of upper airway infection leading to bronchitis or pneumonia. Doc wanted to see me before renewing the prednisone prescription. He made room for me today even though he had no openings.

I Had a pretty scary episode last night. Thank God I had some extra decadron on hand (fell off a truck, in Jersey back in 2020 ;) ). Loaded up a double dose and that got me through, but if I didn't have covid, if this was any other year with any other standard upper airway infection heading for bronchitis or pneumonia I would have gone to the ER last night. With this though, that would have been suicide.

So saw doc today, got x ray, multi focal pneumonia. I'm off work until Wednesday, have a z pack, and a renewed prednisone taper. I don't feel half as bad as all that sounds. He and I agree that I am past the virus and dealing with internal inflammatory response.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Sorry to here this. Your progression sounds very similar to my sister’s boyfriend. It hung on for a couple weeks until he finally developed pneumonia. He is back on his feet now so that is good.

truecrimson

I thought you were better!
I was doing fine until the prednisone dose reduced. The way prednisone is given it is several days of one dose, then reduce by 10 mg for a few more days, then reduce for again for a few more days and keep doing until you run out. When I went from 30 mg to 20 mg all the problems started. It's not covid at this point, it's my body's response to covid. My immune system is mounting a big defense to a bug that is no longer there.

Blackcat Outdoors

I was doing fine until the prednisone dose reduced. The way prednisone is given it is several days of one dose, then reduce by 10 mg for a few more days, then reduce for again for a few more days and keep doing until you run out. When I went from 30 mg to 20 mg all the problems started. It's not covid at this point, it's my body's response to covid. My immune system is mounting a big defense to a bug that is no longer there.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you caught the Pnumonia early enough to clear it up quickly.

Don

TC how bout an update on you and Monica. Hope youre getting past the worst of it.

truecrimson

It looks like I am finally recovering. Last Wednesday (2/2) to this past Wednesday (2/9) was rough. A lot rougher than the first week and a half. Most of the 2nd week all I could do was sit on the couch and nap or lay in bed and nap. I was taking my 2nd prednisone taper, and supplementing with Decadron at night. They also gave me a z pack.

This past Tuesday (2/8) I went in to the docs, was given another week off, and had some lab work. They were concerned I might have a blood clot, so I had to go for a stat CT. It was clear of any blood clots, thank God. In the midst of all that they gave me some prescription cough medicine that knocked me out completely for a couple of days.

Yesterday or day before I finally started improving enough to do stuff around the house. When everyone is out of action for 2 or 3 weeks things really go to hell in handbasket. But every time I did anything I had to stop and take a neb treatment.

The first week I had snuck out to the story almost every day for some thing or other. The 2nd week we were stuck here running on what we had. We had not done a real grocery shopping trip in about a month. So yesterday Monica dragged me out and tried to kill me. It was good to get get out and walk but most of the day I was wishing for someplace to sit down. I envy Grem and his ability to get out and do a hike. I was wiped out by Costco ;)

I want to thank everyone again for all of the prayers and well wishes. The covid week was not bad, but the immune response week sucked.

truecrimson

Monica is not feeling great but she is nowhere near as bad as I have been. She is about back to the point where her normal issues are indistinguishable from anything else going on.

Blackcat Outdoors

It looks like I am finally recovering. Last Wednesday (2/2) to this past Wednesday (2/9) was rough. A lot rougher than the first week and a half. Most of the 2nd week all I could do was sit on the couch and nap or lay in bed and nap. I was taking my 2nd prednisone taper, and supplementing with Decadron at night. They also gave me a z pack.

This past Tuesday (2/8) I went in to the docs, was given another week off, and had some lab work. They were concerned I might have a blood clot, so I had to go for a stat CT. It was clear of any blood clots, thank God. In the midst of all that they gave me some prescription cough medicine that knocked me out completely for a couple of days.

Yesterday or day before I finally started improving enough to do stuff around the house. When everyone is out of action for 2 or 3 weeks things really go to hell in handbasket. But every time I did anything I had to stop and take a neb treatment.

The first week I had snuck out to the story almost every day for some thing or other. The 2nd week we were stuck here running on what we had. We had not done a real grocery shopping trip in about a month. So yesterday Monica dragged me out and tried to kill me. It was good to get get out and walk but most of the day I was wishing for someplace to sit down. I envy Grem and his ability to get out and do a hike. I was wiped out by Costco ;)

I want to thank everyone again for all of the prayers and well wishes. The covid week was not bad, but the immune response week sucked.
Glad to hear you're on the mend man.