Covid positive but my exemption was accepted

truecrimson

Daily update to the doc
Monica is now is now sick too. Her information is below mine.

My AM Update
Sat 98% on room air
Temp 97.7
Blood sugar 158

I have a little frog in my throat. It's not even scratchy. My nose is a little stuffy. Without positive tests I would not know I was sick. I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I had leg pains Monday and Tuesday. I didn't associate it with covid at first because I had resumed taking my 2nd dose of metformin on Sunday and I thought that could cause leg pains.

Monica is now sick. Here rapid is still showing negative on both throat and nose swabs (5 total tests since last week; 1 last week, separate throat and nose Tuesday 1/25 (2 tests), combined throat and nose Wednesday 1/26 and Thursday 1/27 (1 test each day) . We both have drive through PCRs scheduled for tomorrow.

She has an atypical headache, not in the same place or same type of pain as her typical continuous headache or migraines, sore throat with soreness now spreading into her mouth, leg pains, body aches, cough, chills, fever of 101.7, O2 sat 98% room air. Her throat started getting sore Tuesday night but it wasn't enough for us to declare her clearly sick until this morning. She is a lot sicker than I ever got.

We started her on 30 mg Ivermectin last night. She is also taking 2000mg vitamin C, her vitamin D which I think she takes 3000 IU. She takes a multi vitamin. Can she get a course of prednisone too? I am going to start giving her nebs with duoneb and pulmicort BID

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Great to hear you are doing OK, lousy to hear about your wife. Fingers crossed this is the worst she feels and gets rid of it quickly.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

She's feeling much better now. Not great, but better. Her fever broke, her throat is improving. She felt not terrible enough to call her family which is usually a stressful experience.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers.

truecrimson

Todays messages to dr

Daily udate
Temp 96.9
Sat 98% room air
HR 77
RR 16
Blood sugar 154

Still a little "cold like" feeling in my nose, a little more cough than baseline. Generally I am fine.

Monica
Temp 99.6
Sat 98% room air

Bad sore throat radiating to her ear and ear pain, pain swallowing, atypical headache, leg pains. Says she feels like she has the flu, but better than yesterday.

truecrimson

Todays message to Dr. (He's a fly guy)

Daily update
Temp 97.0
Sat 96% RA
HR 85
RR 18
Blood sugar 137

Nose almost normal, A little more cough and congestion today than I've had so far, but just enough to make me feel like I need a neb treatment instead of just taking it as part of the treatment course. I took my last dose of ivermectin this morning. We added quercetin to our supplements yesterday. Would have done it sooner but had been unable to source it locally. I'd like to go fishing but all the water is solid and Monica doesn't want me to go anywhere unnecessary.

Gremcat

Finally through it here. Only one with booster and arguably the most active/healthiest eater. Lingered with me longer than the rest.

Scary part, my bio wife who worked in this stuff for years showed me a chart. Her sis is in a hospital system in NY. Without pause in seconds my wife said “Perfect Virus”. Meaning it’s now much more infectious but much less lethal. A virus that kills host is short lived,,,, she said we should accept it’s with us forever now. She’s the smartest person I know,,,, she dumbs it all way down for me,,,,,,chart isn’t even a little off, perfect for lack of better description,,,, too perfect,,,,,,,awful stuff.

Gremcat

Monica
Temp 98.6
Sat 98% RA

She feels sick, but not as bad as prior days. Her legs still hurt. She feels a little short of breath, tired, and run down.
Praying for you both. I was up and down. It’s weird to go from mostly recovered to can’t breathe and back in a few days. I’m a stubborn cus and hiked down icey trail to gorge yesterday and climbed 2k’ near vertical. Felt good to suck wind in cold air after 2 weeks of no activity. Tough to say if pushing through or resting is right in this situ. I felt worse symptoms resting in retrospect. Not the normal virus behavior at all.

truecrimson

Praying for you and your family Grem.

Monica is vaxxed and was far worse than me. I loaded her up on horse dewormer. She still feels nose and throat symptoms, but not as bad as last week. I am fine now. Yesterday and today we have both been very tired, which didn't happen last week. Yesterday we just napped on the couch all day. Today I got up, fed the cats and morning stuff then laid back down for a few more hours.

Tomorrow I have to go into work and get tested. If negative then back to work. If positive then back home for a few more days off.

Blackcat Outdoors

One of my wife's patients called her yesterday to say she tested positive the day after seeing her. She had a sniffle when she came in, but the wifey over looked it. She's feeling kinda off today, but not terrible enough to go get tested. I woke up with a headache this morning. Almost felt like a hangover, but I didn't touch a drop yesterday. Hopefully, it's nothing. I really don't care for round 3 of this shit and I can't really afford to take a week off work again.

The wife is overly concerned obviously after ending up in the hospital last time. It might all be psychosomatic at this point, so hopefully it turns into a big nothing burger.

TC. Glad to hear you and the wife are doing well. From your "updates" it doesn't look like you had it too bad thankfully. Hope your back to 100% soon man. We need to try a Susquehanna river kyacking trip this year. I've been researching the island campsites between selinsgrove and Harrisburg and need someone to do an overnight fishing trip with. 😁😁😁

truecrimson

I credit it all to ivermectin and prayer. We have definitely gotten off easy compared to others we know and have heard about.

I haven't done any real camping in years, but I have always wanted to do some kayak/fishing/camping trips. Treat me like a complete newb and tell me what I need to have and do.

PS; Added you and your family to the prayer list.

Blackcat Outdoors

I credit it all to ivermectin and prayer. We have definitely gotten off easy compared to others we know and have heard about.

I haven't done any real camping in years, but I have always wanted to do some kayak/fishing/camping trips. Treat me like a complete newb and tell me what I need to have and do.

PS; Added you and your family to the prayer list.
Pretty simple, you just need gear that'll fit in the kyack. Not sure how much storage you have on board. I bought mine with those type of trips in mind and have done 3 days with it so far. If we go in warmer weather (which would be my choice) you just need a backpacking style tent or hammock setup, sleeping bag, pad or under quilt (hammocks). Food and water.

When I go on pine Creek I don't worry too much about water, I just filter it from one of the feeder streams. I'll have to see if that could work on the river. I use a 40litre dry bag to keep my sleeping gear and clothes dry for the trip. Truthfully I have enough backpacking gear I can outfit most stuff for someone that wants to try it if you don't have the gear or want to buy new stuff. It really depends on how things fit in the boat. I have extra hammocks or tents. I have stove setups and water filtering stuff. It's just a matter of balancing fitting the camping and fishing stuff in the space that's available.

Thanks for the added prayers, feeling normal tonight myself. Wife says she still feels a little off. You guys are in ours as well.