Deer hunters

Solitario Lupo

I know we got some hunters on here and it’s that time of year. I need big patches of white belly hair for my deer hair minn flies. Would anyone be Interested in sending me some. I will pay shipping fees or I can send a dozen of flies to trade.

Melvinp

You might be in for more than you bargain for. The first problem will be shipping fedx and ups won’t be thrilled with a hide floating around there truck that stinks and has hair everywhere lol. It’s a lot of work to flesh down even a small piece of hide no less trying to preserve it so the hair doesn’t fall from the hide or mold.Might want to check out any of your local taxidermists they might be able to set you up.I did a buck tail once but don’t think I would bother again.

Solitario Lupo

I’ve already did this. Not the shipping part but I think it would make it if cleaned real good. I’ve salted it then dried it. Then dyed it. I’ve already saved a lot of money on my deer hair minns. This last piece I had was probably over 5years old. No mold hair still holding. Some of the dyed pieces got a little mold but I put Clorox on it and they stopped.

Gremcat

Bummer just saw this, took 2 already. Still have a tag left. Busy breaking arrows on bear shoulder🙄 roller coaster season

Gremcat

I just remembered this. I’m out of WT tags but neighbors aren’t. I’ll leave this browser open and remember to ask them to save for you. I don’t have trapping gear any longer but the neighbor traps. I can probably get him to flesh it and preserve it for you too. I have a red fox to get tanned as well. Had 5 more come in that evening. Setup a red light headlamp and going to wear them out one night. I can save you a patch of fox red/grey too.

Have 11’ of gator hide but guessing it resembles 0 insects.