Do we dare?

Don

I hadn't been thinking to stay over myself but I guess it is an option. Locust Lake, Mauch chunk and others may be better options if you want to make it a weekend affair. If camping is desired for pre-labor day summer camping let me suggest that we need to act todayish, and I'm not kidding. Whereas if it is a day outing then it is much simpler. My thoughts had been that since we are extended family and not primary family that a long day would do it. My fear is that if we make these events too nuanced or too obligating that family schedules would get in the way and participants would drop off. Folks can always stay longer if they can find the site and time to do so. But I'd like to see that the actual and official "meet and greet" is a one day obligation. It would also be better for the fish.

truecrimson

I couldn't find any private campgrounds nearby. That doesn't mean there aren't any. I am not used to looking for campgrounds so I could easily miss them.

Don

If some of you are going to stay over then I recommend Locust Lake or Mauch Chunk but you should get reservations now as they go very quickly. If you change your mind later it is easy to cancel but the opposite is not true.

Blackcat Outdoors

I hadn't been thinking to stay over myself but I guess it is an option. Locust Lake, Mauch chunk and others may be better options if you want to make it a weekend affair. If camping is desired for pre-labor day summer camping let me suggest that we need to act todayish, and I'm not kidding. Whereas if it is a day outing then it is much simpler. My thoughts had been that since we are extended family and not primary family that a long day would do it. My fear is that if we make these events too nuanced or too obligating that family schedules would get in the way and participants would drop off. Folks can always stay longer if they can find the site and time to do so. But I'd like to see that the actual and official "meet and greet" is a one day obligation. It would also be better for the fish.
When I used to plan shooting events on a different site, this is the way we did it. There was a camp ground near by and people would overnight there. The actual event was planned for a certain time to a certain time one day. Some people stayed longer, came early, stayed overnight, but none of that was scheduled.

Really, the only way to do things like this is to just pick a date/time and those who can make it will. It's impossible to make it perfect for everyone.

Solitario Lupo

Right now with gas prices I didn’t plan on to many long trips. Only if you guys were closer I’d be there but count me out again as I don’t think I can make a 4 or 5 hr trip. Good luck to those who make it.

Don

Thanks Sol. Black cat I agree. I was hoping more would chime in but time is on our side for now.

truecrimson

If some of you are going to stay over then I recommend Locust Lake or Mauch Chunk but you should get reservations now as they go very quickly. If you change your mind later it is easy to cancel but the opposite is not true.

We can change it if someone chimes in that they want to camp. All 3 lakes are about equidistant from me. I just saw the paralysis by analysis going on again and randomly picked one of the 3 options.

When I used to plan shooting events on a different site, this is the way we did it. There was a camp ground near by and people would overnight there. The actual event was planned for a certain time to a certain time one day. Some people stayed longer, came early, stayed overnight, but none of that was scheduled.

Really, the only way to do things like this is to just pick a date/time and those who can make it will. It's impossible to make it perfect for everyone.

Liar! Elf friend! There is no other site. Especially not one about guns and shooting ;)

I tried looking for private campgrounds in the area and drew a blank. People more familiar with camping and camping related sites may be able to find any if I missed them.

Right now with gas prices I didn’t plan on to many long trips. Only if you guys were closer I’d be there but count me out again as I don’t think I can make a 4 or 5 hr trip. Good luck to those who make it.

Where about are you at?

truecrimson

Ok, here's a thought. Sometime, this year or next we hold a meet at Raystown Lake?

Might too much of a hike for the far eastern guys, but it being such a big lake might get them to come anyway. It might even be big enough for Melvin and Randy's ark ;) It's not quite 2 and a half hours for me, which isn't the longest drive I've ever made. Looks like it should be about the same for you.

Don

TC relax, how do you know he isn’t a terrorist? Ya know he is from Steelers country.

Melvinp

Looks like a nice body of water but probably 4 hours towing a boat I can make it to Ontario in 3 bareback at 75 2hrs 15 minutes lol

Don

Yes but I won’t be there. In fact none of us will be in Ontario. You do like us,say?
I don’t have any interest in Raystown but I’m being gentle on The Texas Kid.

truecrimson

Raystown is for next year so Sol can come.

This year is Tuscarora. Don't go to the wrong lake Don ;)

If you're talking about the weekend of September 3-4 I'm working. If you are talking about August 27-28 I am off. The weekend after Labor Day (9/10-11)we have a preexisting obligation.

Most current info.

08/28/2022
0900 (9 AM) Fish
1300 (1 PM) Lunch
Tuscarora Lake, PA

Don
Blackcat
Truecrimson.
Troutspinner (?)