Do you recognize these flies?

Nappy

Yep. Ah wire on a dry? Don on your Fly's try a 3 turn whip finish twice and ya won't have a problem with a glued eye lol.

Don

Will they float? The recipe called for wire but I was wondering why I couldn't have used a floss.
I still crowd the head too much to whip these models. I used 3 half hitches on each and Sally Hansen. I could redcoat them a few times to make the heads glossy.

Last edited:

Nappy

Question:
Do you cut your sally Han brush at a sharp angel? Helps on getting in a tight spot.

Nappy

Got an idea for ya. Melvins pattern.
On your parachutes in stead of the parachute being fiber, substitute the fiber with a very small thingabobber. Work awesome to float plus as a sighter. Think it can be done on size 10 and up hook.

Solitario Lupo

They look good but take the wire off and substitute it to something more waterproof. Looks like you’ll be using some floatant on them.

Don

They float for a minute or two until a wave washes over them. They fish well. Caught lots on pickerel today as well as a few nice Gills. I’ll lose the wire. I have a nice heavy thread I can use.

I’ll check out the thingamabobber. But I like to stay close to the original on named flies.

I use a sewing needle In an exacto handle as my bodkin fo gluing. It’s pretty controllable.
what would I use to thin SH. Acetone?

Don

Yellow Sally, with egg sack, Elk wing and some sort of hackle
-14 dry fly hook with CDC body
-14 DFH, green
-16 Thread body

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg