Doughball recipe

Solitario Lupo

So made up some my usual doughball half flour half cornmeal and nothing. Bread still worked better. I’ve tried a couple different types like adding dried fish food to it and that doesn’t get a bite. Another good one is adding some dried corn to it or some canned corn to it.

I hear a lot of jello fans out there. Anyone try it. Or hear if it works good. Thoughts?

Bootfoot

I fish for them but not often, maybe once or twice a year. I always say I should go out for them more but it’s difficult to make enough time for all my fishing desires. I have two dedicated carp rods one with an OC bait runner reel and an ugly stik G2 (40 bucks) with a Penn fierce live liner reel (90 bucks). Don’t need much fancy gear for them which is a plus and when I retire for the last time I will probably pick up another G2 and live liner reel. I have made my own dough balls and boilies, some with strawberry jello, but have only ever caught small catfish on them. I prefer straight up sweet corn on a hair rig or packed onto a treble hook. There’s not many freshwater fish that can out pull a carp.

Don

So made up some my usual doughball half flour half cornmeal and nothing. Bread still worked better. I’ve tried a couple different types like adding dried fish food to it and that doesn’t get a bite. Another good one is adding some dried corn to it or some canned corn to it.

I hear a lot of jello fans out there. Anyone try it. Or hear if it works good. Thoughts?
any progress Sol?

Solitario Lupo

Tried it at the beginning of the year with strawberry jello with no luck but think they started to cool down. Will be back at it this year. Give it another try but think I’ll be sticking with corn and just bread.
Still gotta try that piece of garlic.