Dry flies

Don

I have some gifted to me by JerryC on PAFF. I'm afraid to use them on the lake for fear of loosing them. They're huge.

HenryDavid

Anyone ever tied with what they call a boobee head? Seems like it would float a dry for ever. When water logged it might look like a emerges but would still float. HD what size hooks do you use for smallies drys
White Wulff size 10 for the white fly hatch, the bass aren't so picky so anything from a size 8 to 12 would work.
Sulphurs in sz 12. I don't like to go too small, need to get 8lb test through the eye of the hook and be able to see the fly after dark.

Solitario Lupo

I just tied up my first parachute Adam’s. What a chore. They’re cool though. I’ve been using the regular Adam’s for Gills now for two years. But now that I’m heading west I want what is best for trout and rumor has it that the parachute is the best.
there are allot of seemingly reputable folks tying with polypropylene yarn but I like to use the authentic stuff when possible.
Here is a start. I have only the wrong hooks and wrong hackle but I wanted to see if I could do it. Couple more days and I think I could do it but first I have to order the right stuff.
View attachment 583

Looking good on them. I don’t really tie them I think I did one or two but I think for this I might give it another try.

Nappy

Tied one up using foam a little dub and deer hair floated for about an hr than sank. Back to the table.
An hour float should be long enough lol
If I had to watch a dry sit on the water for an hour I think I would have to pick another hobbies lmbo

Don

fun. I'd do this. However, I'm ashamed to say that after this trip is over I fish all dry flies wet.....I pull them under am bam!

"For you dry floatant fans."

Nappy

Went for a walk up forkston glad I did had a blast. 5foot6inch 4 wt and the fly was a woodah poodah foam dry. So glad to see the amount of native brookys. Not any monsters but alot. Not sure how the rainbow got so far up the mountain but sure was a heck of a fight on that little rod

Attachments

• 20210618_180415.jpg
    20210618_180415.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20210618_171556.jpg
    20210618_171556.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20210618_185333_HDR.jpg
    20210618_185333_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Nappy

just member super glue is your friend to hold down the foam from spinning around on you

Nappy

It may sound funny but the hook is a size 1 and you might think it's to big fur natives but what I found out was the real small brookies don't hook up and that's OK with me. Don't want to harm them anyways.5inch and bigger grab it good. A klinkhammer hook is recommended but I ran out so I used a south bend drop shot hook. It's a really good hook for this pattern. Also works really well for putting a dropper fly off the hook bend with 12 to 20 inches of floro

Nappy

Now you high floating fly fellas might want to use more synthetic material that floats longer but I find it awesome the way it is lmbo

Solitario Lupo

It may sound funny but the hook is a size 1 and you might think it's to big fur natives but what I found out was the real small brookies don't hook up and that's OK with me. Don't want to harm them anyways.5inch and bigger grab it good. A klinkhammer hook is recommended but I ran out so I used a south bend drop shot hook. It's a really good hook for this pattern. Also works really well for putting a dropper fly off the hook bend with 12 to 20 inches of floro
I have found sometimes bigger hooks work better cause the trout can’t swallow them as easy as smaller. Better for cpr.