Everyone wants to talk panfish

Don

Been tying dumb stuff all winter. They should all get the great bluegill to bite but I’m wondering how I might target more Crappy. Except during prespawn I normally catch panfish 10-5-1, Gill, perch, crappy. But I’ve always assumed that the fish are all there in the same numbers and I catch less crappy because I’m not offering what they want. I tried live minnows but that increased the proportion of perch. I’ve read that pink, white, blue or purple is great for crappy in early season. So I’ve tried them , failed, and switched to brown and caught only a couple. This winter I tied up allot of smallish minnow styles and will try bouncing them off the bottom.
I’m not complaining. Just trying to sharpen my skills. Might even try whatever you suggest.

Randy Z

We had the same problem the other night. We watched them on the fish finder follow it up and then they would drop back down without a bite. Even through the kitchen sink at them and they said nope. It's so frustrating!!!!

Don

Randy?Z said:
We had the same problem the other night. We watched them on the fish finder follow it up and then they would drop back down without a bite. Even through the kitchen sink at them and they said nope. It's so frustrating!!!!