Farm Pond

Don

I took my granddaughter fishing at a friends pond yesterday. The small bass we’re interested but not the Gills.
A year ago I noticed that she was not making any progress with the spinning gear I got for her several years ago. Half of her casts landed five feet in front of her.
He twin cousins whom are the same age have and prefer push button reels as do I for pond fishing.
I bought her a Zebco 33 this year. And took her out for the first time and she really cleaned up. The goal was to learn how to cast and catch using artificial only. She used a 3” paddletail Kietech minnow and I used spinners. She got 5 medium bass and one hefty perch of 12-13” and I caught 3 little bass and one average Gill.
All fish were lazy and suspended in visual site. Disinterested. Almost need Snagger to come show me how it’s done.

Don

She is a follower. No priorities yet. She takes things pretty seriously though. After a half hour with a senko I suggested we put the keiteck on and her answer was that she was going to continue with the senko and figure it out. I'm like "wow" that is a mature approach! Finally I put a 3" keiteck on with a split shot 8" up and she caught a bass on her first cast. Remarkable.