Finally

Don

Tonight I cleared off the Rod building and fly tying table and all the attendant lights that my older eyes ask for. Cant wait to wrap one up for my son in Utah. I also want to dress some trebles for the spoons I use. tempImageFiArp9.png

Last edited:

Solitario Lupo

Now since the dust is off looks like you might have to use it a lot more. 🙂 gonna be cleaning mine off got some muskie flies to stock up on.

Reactions: Don

Don

Do you weight your Musky Flies? I'm after Pickerel. I think my clousers, which always get Pickerel when fly fishing, could be weighted to work with light spinning gear. February and March.

Solitario Lupo

I like slow sinking lures for Muskie so some flies I will add some weight and some are just the articulated shanks and hook weight.
Those game changers once wet, you could probably use spinning gear with them. Can always add a couple small splits to it.

Don

I was thinking that an inch or two of lead wrap would do nicely or even lead core fly line. Once up to about 1/16-1/8 ounce it will cast. Slow sink rate will result from a little thicker fluff.

Solitario Lupo

If you’re doing a clouser I would think a wrap of lead and putting some bigger set of brass eyes. Also I would put some kinda body wrap around the lead.