First bottom bouncer

Gremcat

Oh your a funny Guy. A funny Guy with trouts disease. We'll chisel away your resistance. It may take a few years.......
Ha, the freshwater jelly fish hatch was charming but probably need to find some larger game to hook me. I’ve been known to chase blue cats in VA/NC and SOL really needs to use his musky whispering powers to help me find, hook, and land a big toothy.

I’m also not opposed to the odd farm pond with oversized shell cracker and crappie but haven’t found and in the NE south of the Berkshires.

I’m definitely not a huck big lures like buzzbaits or poppers type. Before A-5 taught me about BG steelhead worms I hadn’t touched plastics since I was14. Even then it was only a black/purple power worm with the front half tossed away making a large twister mostly.

Gremcat

About the best game in town I’ve found beyond trout are carp. I caught some monsters in a spillway off the Erie Canal in western NY. Palmyra area had quite a few spots. Wish I remembered them now though.

Solitario Lupo

Ha, the freshwater jelly fish hatch was charming but probably need to find some larger game to hook me. I’ve been known to chase blue cats in VA/NC and SOL really needs to use his musky whispering powers to help me find, hook, and land a big toothy.
I can whisper, how to get them and what to do to get them but 80% of it is actually finding them. 👻🪨
Best places to fish for one is to find where spawn and stack up in numbers. More of a chance at getting them. As with most fish. 👍

Don

Sorry Sol. I missed this query. The answer is not one of need. But rather how you use it. It is supposed to emulate a school of braid and attract stripers in long casts. In many sites there is a three hook maximum. The other leads are allowed to feature spinners or baits but no hooks. Pa law allows unlimited hooks on the rig.

Don

Melvin P.....have any luck using the bottom bouncer yet? tell us about it....Or do you make Z do all the experimental work?

Solitario Lupo

Sorry Sol. I missed this query. The answer is not one of need. But rather how you use it. It is supposed to emulate a school of braid and attract stripers in long casts. In many sites there is a three hook maximum. The other leads are allowed to feature spinners or baits but no hooks. Pa law allows unlimited hooks on the rig.
They just changed that rule don. It’s unlimited hooks on the line not just a rig. The reason they changed was because of these rigs.

truecrimson

Didn't we cover this on Bear Place that day?

TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT​
RODS, LINES, AND HOOKS– An angler may use a maximum of three lines fished either by rod or hand when fishing for gamefish, baitfish or both. An exception to this rule exists for those fishing through ice in winter (see Ice Fishing Equipment below). On open water (not covered by ice), it is unlawful for a person to fish with more than three fishing rods at a time. There is no restriction on the number of hooks used on each fishing line. All rods, lines and hooks shall be under the immediate control of the person using them.
SNAGGING HOOKS may not be used or possessed while in the act of fishing. A snagging hook is a device designed or modified to facilitate the snagging of fish and may be a hook with a single barb, weighted on a shank below the eye and above the barbs; or a hook otherwise designed or modified to make the snagging of fish more likely than it would be with a normal hook.
ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT – It is unlawful while ice fishing to use more than five fishing devices, which may consist of rods, hand lines, tip-ups or any combination. Each device shall contain a single fishing line with no restriction on the number of hooks used for fishing, except when fishing in the Pymatuning Reservoir where no more than three hooks shall be attached to each line. Holes cut in ice may not exceed 10 inches between the farthest points as measured in any direction. All lines, rods or tip-ups shall be under the immediate control of the person using them. On Fish & Boat Commission lakes, shelters or shanties must be removed when through fishing for the day.
GAFF OR LANDING NET – A gaff or landing net is permitted to assist in landing fish caught using a lawful device. Nets of all types can be no larger (excluding the handle) than 4 feet square or 4 feet in diameter. The use of a cast net or throw net in any Commonwealth waters except waters listed at fishandboat.com/Transact/Forms/CommercialPropertyWater/Documents/
pfbc168r.pdf
are a violation of the Fish and Boat Code. These waterways require permits. Cast net and throw net permits are available online at fishandboate.com or at any license-issuing agent. It is unlawful to use any type of net or seine to catch or take gamefish.
SPEARS OR GIGS – Spears or gigs may be used to take ONLY carp, suckers and catfish. Spears or gigs may not be mechanically propelled, may not have more than five barbed points and may not be used in stocked trout waters.
BOW AND ARROW (including compound bows and crossbows) may be used for taking ONLY carp, suckers and catfish on all Commonwealth waters, day or night, with the following exceptions:
  1. bow fishing is strictly prohibited in stocked trout waters during the closed season and
  2. bowfishing is strictly prohibited in special regulation trout waters.