First Ice for me

HenryDavid

I got on some 8-inches of solid ice late this afternoon. The sunset bite was on fire, caught 5 gills and 4 crappies within about an hour and a half. I wasn't sure of conditions so I headed out with no bait, lol. I ended up getting them all on small jigs with plastics. The bite died out after dark but my sonar showed fish still around and interested in a small glow spoon but they would not commit to biting. Tomorrow I'll have real bait and probably keep some. One 11-inch crappie and a couple of fat eater sized gills were in the mix. I'd spent some time getting the gear together but totally forgot the camera.

Beautiful conditions, no wind, gorgeous sunset, temp was 32-degrees when I left around 6:45pm

HenryDavid

Day 2 - still around 8-inches, top obviously getting soft but the core ice looks like it'll hold up for awhile.

Nice afternoon, I caught around 20 gills, but only 4-5 crappie, nothing of any real size.

One surprise after dark, fish was pulling drag and I thought I had a walleye but it was a fat bullhead

sun on top.jpg
rod holder 1.jpg
Gill 1.jpg
Gill 2.jpg
Sloppy top.jpg
Crappie 1.jpg
bullhead.jpg