Fishing rods

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I like a one piece just because I don’t have to line up the guides. My larger rods for steelhead and surf fishing are 2 piece though as expected.

truecrimson

I liked 2 or more because they are easier to transport, but one piece are growing on me for not coming apart during a cast. I have often casted off part of my Daiwa minis (4 piece) or even 2 piece rods and had to reel the rod segments back in.

Solitario Lupo

I'm starting to get more into one pieces myself. The reason being the same TC. I was throwing a big lure in the river and the next thing you know the top half went flying 10 feet into the water.

I'm also a fan of the action and strength one piece rods have.

WADMAN

Each have their own time and place. However, BIG difference in feel/action/power of exact rods 1 VS 2 pieces. At least my HMGs were that way. 6'6" and 7'

MB3

One piece fresh or salt. I don't like breaking rods down, casting the top half or lining up guides every so often. I hate fitting 4-5 1 piece set ups in my SUV though.

I have a 3 piece salt and a 2 piece fresh travel set up IF I ever go on vacation some where sunny again.

Melvinp

The right tool for the job but it’s seems to be either 1 piece or 4 for me not what I have but what I like

Gremcat

1 piece still transfers sensation better to me though modern materials are closing in. I just need a way to transport 10-14’ poles in one piece lol.

Bootfoot

One piece for anything under 8’. i like 4 piece fly rods for packability. number of pieces is merely a question of convenience for me. I believe sensitivity is coming from the line not the rod.

Don

One piece for anything under 8’. i like 4 piece fly rods for packability. number of pieces is merely a question of convenience for me. I believe sensitivity is coming from the line not the rod.
I see that point and agree. The only time I think the rod will be better is with some hard chunks that the Nock Boys are throwing. In that case your line is always tight and the rod comes into play.