Fluke

Don M

I know it's a long way till Fluke season. But does anyone fish Manasquan Inlet (Point Pleasant) or Shark River (Belmar) for fluke.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I know it's a long way till Fluke season. But does anyone fish Manasquan Inlet (Point Pleasant) or Shark River (Belmar) for fluke.

I do not fish those areas but I do not fish far from it. Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook and Sea Girt Reef is the area we stick around. Stripers are hot! right now but we do enjoy fluking once the season starts.

Don M

LOL. The wall use to be about 4' high, now it's about 1'. First picture is my fishing buddy (my daughter)

Attachments

• Point Pleasant 2018  18.5 in.jpg
    Point Pleasant 2018 18.5 in.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Sunset Point Pleasant me fishing.jpg
    Sunset Point Pleasant me fishing.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 10

MB3

I did a good amount of fishing in the Point Pleasant area but that all but stopped with COVID. Way early AMs, long drives, cold and WaWa subs long drives back. All worth it, some days.

Attachments

• IMG_15362460495506.jpeg
    IMG_15362460495506.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3

Don M

I did a good amount of fishing in the Point Pleasant area but that all but stopped with COVID. Way early AMs, long drives, cold and WaWa subs long drives back. All worth it, some days.
Their a a couple inexpensive motels (Atlantic & Shore Point) on Broadway Ave. just of 34 S. I stay over a few times a season. Yep I do the WAWA thing LOL

Melvinp

What color was the other side my I ask

Reactions: A-5

MB3

The color of the other side of the fluke or was it white on both sides
Ahh now I see lol No they are white on the bottom and a dark color on top to give them camouflage. Simple fishing, just bouncing bait or gulp off the bottom but when you get a doormat they bend the hell out of a rod.

Don M

I do not fish those areas but I do not fish far from it. Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook and Sea Girt Reef is the area we stick around. Stripers are hot! right now but we do enjoy fluking once the season starts.
Where do you put your boat in at?