Fluke

Don M

Got to Point Pleasant, fished from 5:15 AM till about 11:30. The brother-inlaw get tired easy dealing with cancer treatments. Plus a lot of sea grass was coming through with the out going tide. We caught some fluke, I caught 8 and he caught 3. All were small bigest was about 15". It was great to get out!!!

Don

Hey is 12lb big game okay for flounder? I have often used it for blues with a simple wire leader.

Don M

My brother-in-law and I went to Manasquan inlet again yesterday. Fished about 4 1/2 hours. I caught 11 he caught 5, didn't even have to gring out the tape measure (all shorts). He did have what I think was a ray, that spooled 1/2 his line. Hope to get one more trip in this season.

Don

Oh man. That sucks. I won’t be home for another week and a half anyway. I guess I’ll go after panfish and pike. So how many keepers this year?

Don M

So It looks like NJ fluke season will remain the same as last year.
Is flounder season open in New Jersey?

As expected, summer flounder (fluke) regulations that were in effect for 2022 will stay the same for another season. Fluke opens on May 2 with a season to run through September 27 with a three fish bag limit, two of which must be within the “slot” of 17 to 17.99 inches, and one at 18 inches or above.