Fluorocarbon?

Solitario Lupo

So I’ve been reading somewhere that if you kink or bend fluoro really bad that it gets weak. Something that the line can micro fracture. I don’t really use it so those who use it a lot what do you think. Do you look at your line after a snag or a hookup on a fish.

Reactions: Don

Blackcat Outdoors

I've heard that, but I think you'd only really be bending it that hard when tying knots. I use it for leaders mostly and I do check it for abrasion every so often, but I really don't notice it wearing any faster than mono for the most part. It may be different if you were just running floro, but I don't really know anyone who does that.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I have not noticed any issues with bending. You will notice a memory bend at the tip due to the bend and pressure when storing a rod with a lure tied on.

I am a constant line checker because I like to drag heavy jigs through rock often so I get nicks here and there. This is the main reason I use 14-15 lb. line when deep jigging.

Melvinp

Never had any real issues but for the quality of the line it self I use both leaders and full spools but I only full spool 4lds on my ultra light