Frances E Walter Dam

Melvinp

Still a month early. We fish it heavy from early Nov til it get ice.
YfMtuQI.jpg

rTh1fR2.jpg

AYMedhm.jpg

BfHmE19.jpg

Y5YqBpr.jpg
Awesome

pabassman

According to their page the dam is at winter pool. 1300. Dropped 50 feet in a week. From what I've heard this is when it fishing get really good.

truecrimson

Was up nawth for job #2 today and tried to check out FEW on my way home. Could only find 2 roads approaching the lake, one to the boat launch and one to the kayak launch. Both gates were closed.

Ran by Memorial on the way home too, just to look. 2 yaks on the water, no boats, and bank fisherman in all of my favorite spots on land.

pabassman

Was up nawth for job #2 today and tried to check out FEW on my way home. Could only find 2 roads approaching the lake, one to the boat launch and one to the kayak launch. Both gates were closed.

Ran by Memorial on the way home too, just to look. 2 yaks on the water, no boats, and bank fisherman in all of my favorite spots on land.
The lake is up 31 feet. I was there last on 3/2. The lake can change very quickly, several feet in a day. There is really 1 road that runs across the bottom of the dam. Its only visible when the lake is less than about 1310. One side has the kayak launch the other side is the powerboat launch. For ice fishing we come down the kayak side. They had the gate closed but you can easily drive around it thru the upper parking lot. We did to get to the ice. When the lake is at low pool there is a large area to park and launch from.

Don

Not my cup of tea HD. Those days are over. I sure would enjoy photos if you fish that snake pit. Looks beautiful.