Gun owners: They did it

Gremcat

Gotta say first of all I am a true believer in my second amendment rights but how do we keep these darn kids and mentally troubled people from legally getting there hands on a semi and a 30 round clip darn it this sucks that we live in a world where we don’t feel safe.There’s all kinds of answers that all have something wrong with them.I shouldn’t have opened my button push mouth but enough kids have been killed something has to be done there’s no one answer
How about teen deaths from their driving? Inexperience, alcohol, egos, cell phones,,,,

But if we banned autos the US would shut down before adopting horse and buggy. Some central PA residents might not notice but a large part of the population would.

Sadly, there will be dozens of shootings in Chicago and other cities this holiday and most won’t make the news circuit let alone pull the headlines these other shootings have. Lack of oppty, lack of parenting, gangs, drugs, lots of reasons for those shootings that aren’t centered around guns but that doesn’t fit the shock and awe narrative. No one will be shocked if 30-50 people die in Chicago like they will in small town USA. We just turn a blind eye to those shootings as if they are normal.

Melvinp

How about teen deaths from their driving? Inexperience, alcohol, egos, cell phones,,,,

But if we banned autos the US would shut down before adopting horse and buggy. Some central PA residents might not notice but a large part of the population would.

Sadly, there will be dozens of shootings in Chicago and other cities this holiday and most won’t make the news circuit let alone pull the headlines these other shootings have. Lack of oppty, lack of parenting, gangs, drugs, lots of reasons for those shootings that aren’t centered around guns but that doesn’t fit the shock and awe narrative. No one will be shocked if 30-50 people die in Chicago like they will in small town USA. We just turn a blind eye to those shootings as if they are normal.
Hard one to like but oh so true

Gremcat

Hard one to like but oh so true
I’m with you the tragic nonsensical deaths need to be prevented. I’m a huge advocate of helping our returning patriots establish in society as protectors of our soft targets. I hear a lot about PTSD and other issues. I’m sure there’s details to sort out but a huge issue is Loss Of Mission. If anyone thinks our Best and Bravest would lay it on the line and be trusted in foreign countries but not be 100x as committed on the home front they’ve not met any who’ve served multiple stints. I couldn’t enjoy that privilege but some of my closest friends, people that reported to me, people I could literally catch in bed with my wife and believe whatever they said, had that distinction. It would solve two problems and make cowardly scum not even consider going near a school or church.

I’d gladly pay double the taxes to fund such a system. Some countries treat soldiers and teachers as highest level of society. We seem to reserve that for thieving executives and public performers sadly.

truecrimson

Many many veterans have offered to defend schools without compensation. I see that in comments and forums after every mass shooting. I could support utilizing them that way either paid or volunteer. But I still reserve the right to shoot back on my own behalf.