Gun Thread

Blackcat Outdoors

Listing some stuff from builds I'm probably not going to finish at this point.

IMG_20230117_185940247.jpg

Foxtrot Mike 9mm upper. Complete upper with BCG and charging handle. New, never fired $275

IMG_20230117_190307471.jpg

Palmetto State Armory 9mm Glock mag lower. Stripped lower, never assembled so can be sold ftf. I'll include 2 21rd and 1 33rd Glock mags. Also have a 9mm buffer and spring to throw in. $125 ftf with PA drivers license and ltcf.

IMG_20230117_190007200.jpg

Combat Armory 10 ½" 556 upper

Complete, but needs assembly. All the parts including BCG are there. $150

Would prefer ftf, but I'll ship on the buyers dime if they want. Lower would have to ship to FFL.

Blackcat Outdoors

IMG_20230223_131314757.jpg
Picked up a new holster for the 43x today from Keystone Concealment (local company). I like my alien gear holsters, but they aren't easy to put on/off. This solves that problem for when I need that. I ran 150rds through it today also and it shoots great for me. So far I'm 300rds in and zero malfunctions, so it's now my official carry gun going forward.

truecrimson

Awesome.

Is that with the Shield mag? I'm carrying both the 43X and 48 with the Shield mags.

Do you have a Shape Shift? The appendix version would work just like that one but still have enough backing to protect your skin. The holster you have there looks like some of the ones that tattoo my side fat ;)

Blackcat Outdoors

Awesome.

Is that with the Shield mag? I'm carrying both the 43X and 48 with the Shield mags.

Do you have a Shape Shift? The appendix version would work just like that one but still have enough backing to protect your skin. The holster you have there looks like some of the ones that tattoo my side fat ;)
No, that's the standard mag. I ordered the shield mags, but haven't gotten around to swapping the mag release yet. Once I run a couple hundred through them at the range, I'll switch to them.

I've never tried the shape shift. I have like 5 different backers for the original and 2.0 alien gear holsters (owb and iwb), so I just order shells anymore for new guns. I wouldn't mind trying that system, but I'm just not going to pay $100 just to try out something when I have a tote full of various holsters from over the years. 😁
If you ever decide to actually go fishing with me sometime, maybe I'll check out yours. 🤣

I don't find it uncomfortable. I carry around 3:30-4 o'clock with a forward can't generally. I wear an undershirt, so that probably helps, but I've definitely got plenty of extra me there to get in the way too.

truecrimson

Remind me and I'll bring one. I have bought 2 Core carry packs for me and a southpaw version for the wife. I'll set up an appendix with the 43x shell and I'll carry the 48 in an OWB belt slide. But I'll bring the whole pack so you can see all the options.

I only order the non share shift holsters for the guns that they don't make a shape-shifting shell for.

I never wear an undershirt except at work. A lot of the holsters in my old holster box left clear gun and holster imprints on me.

truecrimson

This just came to my attention via TTAG

Watch until they show the mags. I have a bunch of Shield Arms mags so I probably won't switch. But it's cool. I would have bet Pmag would have done it first. I would have lost the bet. ETS does make a 19 rounder but it's an extendo, not a flush fit.

Don

That looks sweet. I like the conventional wood handles and the the gun rock. Does this overly rounded rubber handle take any getting used to? It looks like it would carry better. Hammer is nice.

Blackcat Outdoors

That looks sweet. I like the conventional wood handles and the the gun rock. Does this overly rounded rubber handle take any getting used to? It looks like it would carry better. Hammer is nice.
Yeah, the birds head grip is a little different. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but it grew on me the more I played around with it. It points very well with it and the shape helps fill up my hand, even though I can't really get my pinky on it. I don't know how it'll be under recoil. I guess I'll know for sure when I get it out to the range. I don't plan on running any hot rounds through this anyway though. Mostly underpowered cowboy action stuff.

Don

Yeah, the birds head grip is a little different. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but it grew on me the more I played around with it. It points very well with it and the shape helps fill up my hand, even though I can't really get my pinky on it. I don't know how it'll be under recoil. I guess I'll know for sure when I get it out to the range. I don't plan on running any hot rounds through this anyway though. Mostly underpowered cowboy action stuff.
Sounds fun.