Gun Thread

Gremcat

No guns here, maybe someday a single barrel shotgun or if I’m rich a double. All anyone needs to hunt,,,,,,,

Reactions: Don

Blackcat Outdoors

Picked up a new upper. First big bore ar, now time to schedule a hog hunt, since pa won't come into the 20th century and allow me to hunt with it here.
39494.jpeg

Don

There are numerous A/R cartridges that I would be interested in. This one is awesome. Too much for this ole'fart.

Blackcat Outdoors

There are numerous A/R cartridges that I would be interested in. This one is awesome. Too much for this ole'fart.
Yes, I'd like either 7.62x39 or 6.5 grendel for a deer cartridge for my daughter. In an AR they kick pretty much zero and you can adjust pretty much anything to fit.

Again, stupid pagc rules from a century ago. The 450 was designed to mimic the 45-70 in a modern rifle for hunting big game. Kinda annoying I could do just that with this in 48 other States.

Don

I know but how many folks do you know that took more than one shot to kill their deer. I only takes one if you're disciplined and put safety first. Now, add to the matrix semi-auto. Then add to the matrix city folk and New Yorkers/philadelphians whom did not grow up in safety ridden gun culture....Mayhem. While I wish I could use my A/R I'm not sure I want anyone else to be able to, lol lol.
I used to like the biggest and also the hottest cartridges. I shoot pretty square and make acceptable choices of when and where to shoot and I've become much more of a fan of the smaller and simpler rounds. I wouldn't hesitate to use .257, 30-30, 30 Remington, 243, 6mm., 250 savage and more for All North American game. I'd be happy to use .222 and .223 for all deer sized aminals. I like the AR allot but prefer antiques like original 760's, 300's, 141's and winchesters and Marlins. If I were planning a western hunt and were in the process of dressing for longer range it would be and old model 300 or a new AR something.....7.62 or something.

Blackcat Outdoors

I know but how many folks do you know that took more than one shot to kill their deer. I only takes one if you're disciplined and put safety first. Now, add to the matrix semi-auto. Then add to the matrix city folk and New Yorkers/philadelphians whom did not grow up in safety ridden gun culture....Mayhem. While I wish I could use my A/R I'm not sure I want anyone else to be able to, lol lol.
I used to like the biggest and also the hottest cartridges. I shoot pretty square and make acceptable choices of when and where to shoot and I've become much more of a fan of the smaller and simpler rounds. I wouldn't hesitate to use .257, 30-30, 30 Remington, 243, 6mm., 250 savage and more for All North American game. I'd be happy to use .222 and .223 for all deer sized aminals. I like the AR allot but prefer antiques like original 760's, 300's, 141's and winchesters and Marlins. If I were planning a western hunt and were in the process of dressing for longer range it would be and old model 300 or a new AR something.....7.62 or something.
"The woods is gonna become a war zone" argument just doesn't hold any water. Again, 48 other states allow it and it's never happened in those states. Accidental shootings never went up. Mistaken kills never went up. It just doesn't happen that way. I've had this argument with state assemblymen in Harrisburg before the push last time, which allowed semi-auto use for everything but big game.

I generally use a bolt gun on the farm. Win 94 for most other places. I just don't see the difference in something like a marlin lever gun on 45/70 vs this I'm putting together. Both feed from a 5 round mag and I'm betting with recoil, I can shoot them both about as fast to empty those 5 res.

Don

"The woods is gonna become a war zone" argument just doesn't hold any water. Again, 48 other states allow it and it's never happened in those states. Accidental shootings never went up. Mistaken kills never went up. It just doesn't happen that way. I've had this argument with state assemblymen in Harrisburg before the push last time, which allowed semi-auto use for everything but big game.

I generally use a bolt gun on the farm. Win 94 for most other places. I just don't see the difference in something like a marlin lever gun on 45/70 vs this I'm putting together. Both feed from a 5 round mag and I'm betting with recoil, I can shoot them both about as fast to empty those 5 res.
I we were to be able to vote I would vote for it but not on the grounds you mention. I'd vote for semi-autos as our basic rights to use as we please irregardless if we are hunting or not. Get the Government out of it.

Blackcat Outdoors

I we were to be able to vote I would vote for it but not on the grounds you mention. I'd vote for semi-autos as our basic rights to use as we please irregardless if we are hunting or not. Get the Government out of it.
Well, that we can definitely agree on. 😁

Melvinp

I’m really not sure on the semi rifle thing but kinda bummed I can hunt beer with a AR but can’t hunt squirrels with my Ruger mark series pistol