Gun Thread

Blackcat Outdoors

Nice to see AR's back down below 500 bucks anyway. That's not a half bad basic carbine for the money. I've used PSA stuff before and have no complaints.

Blackcat Outdoors

IMG_20221222_221304486.jpg

Picked up a 43x for Christmas. I'm going to upgrade my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. 😁

I tried a bunch Sig 365, Beretta APX carry, Ruger max 9, Taurus gx4 and as much as it pains me to say! The Glock wins the subcompact for me hands down. It's the best balance of size vs. comfort I found out of all of them. Now excuse me while I go cry a little with my CZ 's and 1911's.

pabassman

View attachment 4508

Picked up a 43x for Christmas. I'm going to upgrade my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. 😁

I tried a bunch Sig 365, Beretta APX carry, Ruger max 9, Taurus gx4 and as much as it pains me to say! The Glock wins the subcompact for me hands down. It's the best balance of size vs. comfort I found out of all of them. Now excuse me while I go cry a little with my CZ 's and 1911's.
I've had my 43 for two years. I think its the best option for CC. Inside the wait holster makes it almost undetectable.

truecrimson

View attachment 4508

Yeah you're gonna love it ;) I picked up a 43x and a 48 at the end of October. Love them. I feel like I have found my last carry gun(s). I'm probably going to sell the XDS, XD Mod2, and Kahr CW 9 and accoutrements (Mags, holsters Shape Shift shells), if I ever find time to clean them. The 43X and 48 are the best balance of everything for me too. Check out the Shield Arms mags. You have to change the mag catch and can't really use the factory mags anymore, but you get 15 rounds, or 20 with the extension. ETS also makes a 19 rounder for them. Alien Gear has Shape Shift shells for them. From here on out I'll be focused on the guns I just want to collect. And Maybe another 43X just in case ;)20221027_090629Small.jpg

Last edited:

Blackcat Outdoors

Yeah you're gonna love it ;) I picked up a 43x and a 48 at the end of October. Love them. I feel like I have found my last carry gun(s). I'm probably going to sell the XDS, XD Mod2, and Kahr CW 9 and accoutrements (Mags, holsters Shape Shift shells), if I ever find time to clean them. The 43X and 48 are the best balance of everything for me too. Check out the Shield Arms mags. You have to change the mag catch and can't really use the factory mags anymore, but you get 15 rounds, or 20 with the extension. ETS also makes a 19 rounder for them. Alien Gear has Shape Shift shells for them. From here on out I'll be focused on the guns I just want to collect. And Maybe another 43X just in case ;)View attachment 4524
I ordered the shield arms mag and catch already. 😁

Looking at G48 slides right now too. I figure I could change the slide and barrel and barrel and basically have close to my G19 I got rid of, but actually fits my hand better.

truecrimson

Yep, with the shield arms mag the 48 is like a G19 that's half as wide. We have the Shield catch and mags for both guns, but I have not had time to install the catch. You should absolutely get the 48 slide. Carry it as a 48 when you can and a 43X wen you need deep concealment.

For Alien Gear, the little part that covers the trigger guard on the back of the shell is the same for both of them, but the 48 shell is longer. The 43X will fit in the 48 shell and click in place, but not vice versa.

Blackcat Outdoors

Yep, with the shield arms mag the 48 is like a G19 that's half as wide. We have the Shield catch and mags for both guns, but I have not had time to install the catch. You should absolutely get the 48 slide. Carry it as a 48 when you can and a 43X wen you need deep concealment.

For Alien Gear, the little part that covers the trigger guard on the back of the shell is the same for both of them, but the 48 shell is longer. The 43X will fit in the 48 shell and click in place, but not vice versa.
IMG_20230101_134915904.jpg

I'll probably buy something new eventually, but I found an old Kahr shell that fits the 43x for my alien gear holster. It's a little long, but retains it well.

truecrimson

Lol
When I was first checking them out I was carrying the Kahr. I tried them in that holster and thought it was pretty good too.

Shape shift shell fists perfectly though ;)

truecrimson

Changed out the Mag catches last night and took the 43x and 48 to the range with the shield mags today. ~220 rounds through each gun with no non ammo induced malfunctions.

By ammo induced I mean I took the rounds that got dunked the times I flipped the yak. After the flips I cleaned and dried the gun and left the ammo out to dry. I replaced it with fresh ammo, and put the dunked ammo all in a zip lock bag labeled 'waterbabies'. I have been meaning to take them to the range but keep forgetting them. So i took them today. 2 of them out of about 50 would not fire despite 3 or 4 attempts.

Back to the shield mags, they run fine for me so far. I did notice that they need to be inserted aggressively. Sometimes I had to tap the base if I didn't insert them hard enough the first time.