Happy new year

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Happy New Years all!

The only thing I have planned is to start daily fasting after my wife makes her awesome roast beef for dinner New Year’s Day. I need to drop about 10lbs earned from the holidays. ;)

MB3

Happy New Year!!!

Nothing planned. Drop some weight, pay off debt, get back into fishing more and hope for a better year. This one kind of sucked.

Gremcat

Happy new year! Thought I’d start a thread but someone else got the drop on me, lol. Pretty sure I’ll be somewhere great or a trailer park by 2023. Just stumble from one situation to the next with no loss of enthusiasm to borrow a paraphrase.

truecrimson

Happy new year everyone.

My plans are to become a better money manager and fish more.

Happy New Years all!

The only thing I have planned is to start daily fasting after my wife makes her awesome roast beef for dinner New Year’s Day. I need to drop about 10lbs earned from the holidays. ;)

What kind of fasting are you doing?

I have been doing intermittent fasting since April. Dropped about 50 lbs, stuck in the low 250s now. I aim for 16 hours fasting. A lot of days i only make 12 or 14 hours fasting, but 12 is the minimum for me. Every week or every other week I try to a 24 or 36 hours fast.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
What kind of fasting are you doing?

I have been doing intermittent fasting since April. Dropped about 50 lbs, stuck in the low 250s now. I aim for 16 hours fasting. A lot of days i only make 12 or 14 hours fasting, but 12 is the minimum for me. Every week or every other week I try to a 24 or 36 hours fast.

Congrats! That is impressive.

I do daily fasting with 18 hours being the typical window. I do however drink black coffee all day, that helps immensely. I did this last year and lost 32lbs but after 16-17 lbs. I got to a sticking point and introduced inside bicycling and daily push-ups to get to a total of 32lbs lost, going from 194 to 162. The push ups did a really good job at keeping my chest and arms looking manly lol and the bike burned calories quick!

When I hit 162 though, I didn’t like what I was seeing, I was too thin in some areas so I stopped and maintained 167-170 all year. Now that my body has reshaped and the holiday weight is on, I am shooting for 160 as my final goal weight so just 15 lbs this time.

Don

From the Glen-L website:

A boaters toast for the new year.
There are good ships and wood ships, there are ships that sail the seas, but the best ships are friendships and may they ever be.

truecrimson

Congrats! That is impressive.

I do daily fasting with 18 hours being the typical window. I do however drink black coffee all day, that helps immensely. I did this last year and lost 32lbs but after 16-17 lbs. I got to a sticking point and introduced inside bicycling and daily push-ups to get to a total of 32lbs lost, going from 194 to 162. The push ups did a really good job at keeping my chest and arms looking manly lol and the bike burned calories quick!

When I hit 162 though, I didn’t like what I was seeing, I was too thin in some areas so I stopped and maintained 167-170 all year. Now that my body has reshaped and the holiday weight is on, I am shooting for 160 as my final goal weight so just 15 lbs this time.
Yours is pretty impressive too. I need to introduce more exercise but I just can't find the time or energy. I can't imagine 160, though the charts all say I should be down in your neighborhood.

I have noticed a lot of reshaping and redistribution of remaining fat here too. I noticed that after my heart surgery back in 2012 as well. I got down to +/- 200 then. When I regained weight it went different places than it was originally.

You have me thinking about push ups now. That's fairly quick and convenient to do and I wouldn't have to buy any equipment.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You have me thinking about push ups now. That's fairly quick and convenient to do and I wouldn't have to buy any equipment.

You don’t have to be crazy with it either. A couple of sets a day, say right before a shower is very beneficial. Even if you start and can only do 8 or 10, don’t let that dissuade you. You’ll be surprised how quickly that number will climb but the key is to not go for a number, just keep going until you literally can’t do another one in that set.

Reactions: A-5

Don

Happy new year everyone. I hope A-5 give me his new boat as well. 2021 had Been an instructive year. I’m solemn and full of hope for the country. Thankful for this all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5