Have any spots you want to share?

Don M

Ok so I mostly fish trout, in Philadelphia, and Delaware counties. Just a little in Montgomery and Chester counties.
Some bass on the Perkiomen creek. Anyone want to share so spots?

Don

Yes but only with my Dog, lol. Seriously TS and TC have been getting excited about BlueMarsh and I fished Giving pond, Mauch Chunk Lake, Lake Towhee, Gouldsboro with regularity this year. I also hit Slocum, Paupack, Shahola and Nockamixon but there aren any fish in them.

Don M

Guess I should have thought out this post better. I'm actually looking to fish different places, and fish. I'm looking to get a list people, places (counties) and types of fishing they do. And make a list to maybe buddy up and fish.

Solitario Lupo

Everyone on here knows I don’t post my spots on an open forum like this but I’ll give up my musky spots if your ever in the NW area. 🤫

If I fish for trout or bass it’s usually just around to a local lake or creek. Washington and beaver Counties.

Don

If you would like we could meet at Galena (Peace Valley Park) in Doylestown someday. I watched it fill but never fished it. Another great spot is The Giving Pond in Upper Black Eddy. You'd be welcome in my boat though it is a humble, safe craft. Next year Will be best!

truecrimson

I am pretty much the opposite of Lupo when it comes to spot burning. That's because most of my spots are not secrets and plenty of people already know about them, so it doesn't hurt them to tell. People are going to be fighting over the creek outlet at Memorial Lake whether I mention it or not.

Blue Marsh is my new project. Don convinced me I should get more deeply familiar with my traditional haunts, but I get bored and can't resist new experiences (getting skunked at new places). I've only been a few of times and caught one fish there.

Swatara Creek is my true love but it is best enjoyed from a kayak or canoe. It runs from Schuylkill county through Lebanon and Dauphin counties. Mostly warm water species, but you will find trout in it due to the stocking of many of it's tributaries. I've caught trout out of deep holes in the Swattie in the middle of summer. Down towards and past Hummelstown you can get into muskie and maybe some pike. Cocoa kayaks of Hershey rents kayaks and runs shuttle on the Swattie. If you are unfamiliar with kayaking and canoeing, creeks are a one way street so you need a way to get to back to your vehicle. Cocoa meets you at the take out, you leave your vehicle there and they take you to your put in. So when you finish you are back at your car.

Memorial Lake (Indiantown Gap), Sweet Arrow Lake (Pine Grove), Stoever's Dam (Lebanon), Speedwell Forge(Brickerville) and Lakeside Quarry (Meyerstown) are all decent lakes. They are also all popular and packed on weekends and holidays.

Lakeside Quarry in Meyerstown has monsters, both LM and catties. I've seen LM at over 2 feet and cats over 3 feet. As far as I can tell the LM won't hit anything and the cats just take your bait and leave without so much as a thank you.

Quittapahilla Creek has lots of access in Lebanon county, and there is a nature park along it in Annville. Palmyra Rod and Gun has a pretty good section of shoreline. They stock trout. You can get access to most of the creek opposite their property just by parking along the side of the road and doing some minor bush whacking. Mostly trout, smallmouth, and sunfish.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The last few years for me have been chasing Bass other than the usual Saltwater outings that remain pretty consistent through the years.

With that in mind, I've been hooked on Blue Marsh, Beltzville and Nockamixon. I am about equal distance to Blue Marsh and Beltzville and just a few minutes closer to Nockamixon but for some reason, Blue Marsh gets the majority of the trips. Probably because I've been fishing it longer and simply know it better than the others.

I am always looking for a fishing buddy so hit me up if you ever want to get together. Fair warning though, I usually do not fish freshwater on weekends, just too many people! so I go during the week whenever my schedule allows......but since I work for myself, my boss is really nice! LOL

Don M

PS; If you ever want to meet up and hit the Swattie but you don't have a yak, I have 5. With 2 of us we could run our own shuttle.
Never been in a kayak, and at 70 think it's a little to late. Besides I'm not a small guy. Thanks for the offer!!

Don M

The last few years for me have been chasing Bass other than the usual Saltwater outings that remain pretty consistent through the years.

With that in mind, I've been hooked on Blue Marsh, Beltzville and Nockamixon. I am about equal distance to Blue Marsh and Beltzville and just a few minutes closer to Nockamixon but for some reason, Blue Marsh gets the majority of the trips. Probably because I've been fishing it longer and simply know it better than the others.

I am always looking for a fishing buddy so hit me up if you ever want to get together. Fair warning though, I usually do not fish freshwater on weekends, just too many people! so I go during the week whenever my schedule allows......but since I work for myself, my boss is really nice! LOL
When I saltwater fish I only fish during the week, and also try not to go Fridays. Since I do a lot of trout fishing, 3-4 days after a stocking, there aren't all that many anglers around I'll fish 4-5 days a week. Well in the Philly area anyway.
Being retired I don't have much of a scheduleo_O .

truecrimson

Never been in a kayak, and at 70 think it's a little to late. Besides I'm not a small guy. Thanks for the offer!!
Challenge accepted ;)

I have a Wilderness Ride. 13.5' long with a capacity of 500 lbs. Sit On Top so getting in and out is not an issue. Frame seat so really comfortable. How are your back, hips, and legs?

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm not quite up to your level of experience yet, but I'm hovering around 300 with knee problems to spare and I have zero issues with my yak. If you're in any kind of walking around shape, you can probably do it.

Blackcat Outdoors

For the record, if anyone ever wants to float pine Creek, gimme a call. I know all of the choice spots and camping areas along the way. Trout fishing on the northern end is great and below Waterville you get into small mouth and walleye heaven.

Don M

I am pretty much the opposite of Lupo when it comes to spot burning. That's because most of my spots are not secrets and plenty of people already know about them, so it doesn't hurt them to tell. People are going to be fighting over the creek outlet at Memorial Lake whether I mention it or not.

Blue Marsh is my new project. Don convinced me I should get more deeply familiar with my traditional haunts, but I get bored and can't resist new experiences (getting skunked at new places). I've only been a few of times and caught one fish there.

Swatara Creek is my true love but it is best enjoyed from a kayak or canoe. It runs from Schuylkill county through Lebanon and Dauphin counties. Mostly warm water species, but you will find trout in it due to the stocking of many of it's tributaries. I've caught trout out of deep holes in the Swattie in the middle of summer. Down towards and past Hummelstown you can get into muskie and maybe some pike. Cocoa kayaks of Hershey rents kayaks and runs shuttle on the Swattie. If you are unfamiliar with kayaking and canoeing, creeks are a one way street so you need a way to get to back to your vehicle. Cocoa meets you at the take out, you leave your vehicle there and they take you to your put in. So when you finish you are back at your car.

Memorial Lake (Indiantown Gap), Sweet Arrow Lake (Pine Grove), Stoever's Dam (Lebanon), Speedwell Forge(Brickerville) and Lakeside Quarry (Meyerstown) are all decent lakes. They are also all popular and packed on weekends and holidays.

Lakeside Quarry in Meyerstown has monsters, both LM and catties. I've seen LM at over 2 feet and cats over 3 feet. As far as I can tell the LM won't hit anything and the cats just take your bait and leave without so much as a thank you.

Quittapahilla Creek has lots of access in Lebanon county, and there is a nature park along it in Annville. Palmyra Rod and Gun has a pretty good section of shoreline. They stock trout. You can get access to most of the creek opposite their property just by parking along the side of the road and doing some minor bush whacking. Mostly trout, smallmouth, and sunfish.

For the record, if anyone ever wants to float pine Creek, gimme a call. I know all of the choice spots and camping areas along the way. Trout fishing on the northern end is great and below Waterville you get into small mouth and walleye heaven.
I know I'm new here. So here's my story. I'm 70 and had a rough paper route:oops:. I have 1 bad knee (but can walk) although I'm 5'11" - 250 lbs. Shattered a shoulder, had limited use for about 2 years, which caused me and still do casts with 2 hands (1 on rod other holding line). For the last 40 years I have fish with 3 other guys, opening day of trout camping RV. Since we retired we have been going to Brandywine campground (Chester County) Friday Saturday and Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon we pack up and head to Mountain Creek Campground (Adams/Cumberland Counties). My best buddy and I are always looking for new places to fish/camp.
Here's where ALL you people come in:
I want to make some kind of database of people, area, types of fishing, camping RV, and picking your brain of fishing I don't normally do. This doesn't mean I won't be talking on the site. Just don't want to bore people with things that aren't subjects posted.
With ALL that said anyone I can PM please PM me, so I don't bother anyone. NOT YOU Don:oops:, I already know you were good(y).
Truecrimson that was a lot to take in, hope your one.
Photo: The boys.

Attachments

• Opening Day COLLAGE.jpg
    Opening Day COLLAGE.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: