Hidden Lake

Don

Hidden Lake just north of Shawnee on the Delaware:

Who has been there. I have. Shore fishing last week. I was told it was heavy on sizeable Pickerel. I didn’t catch any pickerel. I did catch two healthy and tasty looking Gills. Anyone know how deep it is?

MB3

I know that lake real well. There is a deep hole in the back part of the lake (restrooms in the parking lot side). It has sizeable everything. My 2nd best Pickerel at 26.5" came out of there. It's really best suited for kayak fishing. I like the back part and the middle towards the cove/island part. They stock nice trout in there too. Super weedy in the Summer. We just drove by yesterday since I haven't fished it in 2 years. Weeds were gone so the fishing slows down but still good fishing left before ice over.

Don

Mark, Is the deepest part along the back hill. I may launch there in the drift boat. It’s only 11’10”.
Are there perch? I caught no perch nor any Crappy the day I fished it from shore.

Don

Caught this guy along the trees in back. Had a couple on but only landed this.

MB3

The deep spot is in the back. It's shallow all around it and just drops off. Holds the trout when stocked. I've thrown at it so many times I could find it blind from the shore but you need 1/4 ounce and 4 lb test.

Definitely Bluegills and Crappie. Perch I don't know, if so I haven't caught many. I havent fished it in 2 years, it was getting too well known and too crowded.

Don

They're supposed to stock it in a couple weeks someone at the lake mentioned. I thought I saw Crappie but no luck catching them. I was using really large minnows so it is no surprise that I didn't catch any. The Gills were pleasantly plump.

Reactions: MB3