Hook size. Pegged or not?

Don

Wonse again. What are your favorite hooks, hook sizes and weight when fishing a Texas Rig. Need to make some changes.

truecrimson

If the hook is weighted that also changes the profile, depending on where the hook is weighted. Nose down, tail down, or even sink.

Don

Oh no youre not skating on me Tex. Re-read the question. What is your favorite size, weight and do you prefer them pegged or not?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I don’t know that I have a favorite. I have 3/0, 4/0 & 5/0 in my box that I select according to the bait size I want to throw. I always peg with a bobber stop. That doesn’t necessarily mean I peg it tight, I just use the stop to adjust how far the bullet sinker can travel. A pseudo Carolina Rig style cheat if you will. Bullet weight is decided by rate of fall and depth.

There are many factors when it comes to T-Rigs, which is probably why I haven’t thrown them much this year. I’m just too hooked on Ned Jigs and Swim Baits this year as they are treating me well so I have not had a reason to switch to T-Rigs, but who knows, maybe tomorrow…. ;)

Don

I simply haven’t fished much in the way of weeds yet. Ned and some wacky have been working so far. Leaving for Vac soon but in my return I hope to fish the weed in gouldsboro lake. The amount I have thrown Txs this year has all been without any weight In clear water. I usually grab 2/0 or 3/0 though I like 1/0 on slim 5” and smaller.
I was just checking.
TC why so concerned about offset? I would think on a tx rig they would roll too much.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
This is the one that I used in the grass today. I am not sure what size the hook is. 3/0 maybe? 1/8 ounce though. That Keitech matched the hatch so perfectly today that it even confused me a couple of times when it flashed amongst the schools of bait. Lol

I only caught one on it, 4 others on Ned. It just works too damn good!

91C182C7-344F-4271-B18D-C03518E19B28.jpeg

truecrimson

I simply haven’t fished much in the way of weeds yet. Ned and some wacky have been working so far. Leaving for Vac soon but in my return I hope to fish the weed in gouldsboro lake. The amount I have thrown Txs this year has all been without any weight In clear water. I usually grab 2/0 or 3/0 though I like 1/0 on slim 5” and smaller.
I was just checking.
TC why so concerned about offset? I would think on a tx rig they would roll too much.
Don't really notice them roll at all.

Reactions: Don