Hot weather fishes

Don

Well I blew it this year. All this travel back and forth cost me soooo much fish time.
I was supposed to have focussed on Pickerel and Bass for July but they didn't have them in Idaho. So it's back to Panfish for the rest of the summer while the water is so warm.
Tomorrow I hope to fish btwn the raindrops. Can't decide where. Nock, Gouldsboro, Merrill Creek Mauch Chunk or Giving Pond. They are my favorites. Focus will be on bobbers and sinkers. Take the bait to them and in stead of making them come to the bait. Electronics may or may not be helpful.

Bootfoot

I’m like the fish, I don’t care much for hot weather either. I don’t mind hot but when it get scorching hot I sit in the AC for a month and save my time off for fall. I may go do some saltwater fishing because of the nice ocean breeze but anymore the summertime crowds keep me from doing that.

Don

Caught some Smallies and Bluegill on the Lackawaxen. All small, all quick release. Water levels are WAY down. We made a poor choice and went with waders. We are probably down a few lbs from sweating.
That is a gorgeous stream. Just drove through there lt week on the way to Callicoon.

Reactions: MB3

HenryDavid

The Lackawaxen is the best, great trout water. That one and the Lehigh are the best wild waters and remote, plenty of out of the way spots if you're willing and able to risk life and limb to get there.