I always listen patiently at you fishtails

Solitario Lupo

Have to agree. Plus you won’t kill the fish by gill weighing them.

Gremcat

Have to agree. Plus you won’t kill the fish by gill weighing them.
Nostalgia has a value and besides, trolling a attractive bait, yanking an unsuspecting victim from it’s comfort zone, posing for obscene photos, only to move on to the next victim pales compared to sustainment. Sounds like a violent humanitarian abuse in those terms. Don’s just refining his harvest yield.

Funny, our forefathers didn’t worry about trophy photos over feeding the small horde of legitimate and illigitenste children they had😁

Gremcat

I got you Don. Bunch of Hillary voting bleeding heart humanitarians around these parts. Next they’ll be arguing Monica was a liar as they turn in their guns at the next BuyBack convention in line for their RFID/RuBee implants,,,,,,

Reactions: Don

Gremcat

I’m a quantity guy, I could care less about weight. Catch enough, the big ones will mix in.
That’s like arguing for an obese girl over a super model. Obese girl worth 5x the super model? What if she’s a saint like Reese Witherspoon? Give me the occasional heart stopper over the 12+ 6” smallies any day. I remember some of the heart stoppers. The rest? Just noise

Gremcat

Some obese girls are saints too. I’m more of a personality type, lucky my wife tolerates my personality! There’s a term for extreme example for effect I’ve heard ministers and linguists use that escapes me presently.

Gremcat

At the risk of a lifetime ban I don’t think TS really thinks a live well of 30 - 1/2 lbs bass equals a 15 lbs record. Somethings are common while others are exceptional. The exceptional in my very limited experience are 75% luck and 25% effort/talent. The effort/talent are required to be at that place and time with the right presentation but it’s mostly luck. Nature and circumstance though I’m sorta known for my “luck” so take it for what you paid.

My oldest wanted to work at Amazon after we toiled and starved and risked it all to expose him to the best educations we knew. After much soul searching, A-5 can attest to my late night texts without sleep and with questions. He’s now asking if he should go right into the AF academy with 1.5 yrs in Cyber Intel. My brother says he has my “luck”. There might be a bit more to it than that though. First time I’ve ever disagreed with my Scientist level brilliant wife. I just couldn’t see him working night shift at Amazon forever thinking $18/hr was amazing. I really questioned a lot.

I also bounced through the windshield of a speeding motorists car as a pedestrian then refused all diagnoses and fully recovered(mostly). That lucky streak I keep crediting with sheer force of will is really just divine intervention.

Like a guy on a forum giving you basic instructions and you catching a 45”x26” king your first try,,,, then taking that lake O record home for the worst smoked meal ever lol.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I think you missed my point @Gremcat I’d rather catch fish consistently, every few minutes than limit myself to that one large-ish one an hour. Practice my theory, you’ll see the large ones come into the mix.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Nostalgia has a value and besides, trolling a attractive bait, yanking an unsuspecting victim from it’s comfort zone, posing for obscene photos, only to move on to the next victim pales compared to sustainment. Sounds like a violent humanitarian abuse in those terms. Don’s just refining his harvest yield.

Funny, our forefathers didn’t worry about trophy photos over feeding the small horde of legitimate and illigitenste children they had😁
Our forefathers have plenty of trophy photos and every time I see an old photo makes me upset cause those fish are dead and over fished. Like when you get a pic that has 20 dead surgeon or fish in it. They sure didn't mind killing them. No catch and release for them. As I like to get a pic if I can and at least try to release it healthy as I can.

Gremcat

I think you missed my point @Gremcat I’d rather catch fish consistently, every few minutes than limit myself to that one large-ish one an hour. Practice my theory, you’ll see the large ones come into the mix.
I did miss it or maybe took liberty exaggerating it for comic effect. Don’t mind me, I went from BC to a plant in PA filling in as Controls Engineer this weekend. Last night was first night I finished before 3am in 4 days. I’ve no clue what I typed being that incoherent. It was funny in my head but my thinking was suspect lol.

Heck, I fell UP the stairs Sat night/Sun morning at 3am and debated giving up right there lol. I told the SVP to never ask for that favor again. Just in case I’m sourcing integrators to be on standby. Too old for that crap, and I missed opening day of Archery. Now I need an Arch to hunt out of.

Gremcat

Our forefathers have plenty of trophy photos and every time I see an old photo makes me upset cause those fish are dead and over fished. Like when you get a pic that has 20 dead surgeon or fish in it. They sure didn't mind killing them. No catch and release for them. As I like to get a pic if I can and at least try to release it healthy as I can.
I’m a C+R fisherman myself most circumstances. I prefer saltwater fish for the table. Getting others in my house to think the same. When they die in stocked lakes or what not I keep them. I have eaten panfish and actually like them but you need to kill about a hundred for each meal. I don’t like cleaning fish all that much and my fillet skills are suspect also.

Gremcat

Will say conservation has come a long way in limiting over harvest. I still cringe when I watch Snaggers at Trout Creek yanking out their limit of 10 lbs trout I just stocked though. I don’t expect them to keep one and release others but they literally get in water, crowd fish into a corner, then snag em. Beautiful baby blue and bright pink catch of a lifetime yanked out by the limit or 3 daily.

One guy bragged he was supposed to be running for supplies leaving his son on a construction site but snuck off to fish. Since his Son wasn’t there he kept both their limits. Then started telling me he was catching for his grandson too🙄 Didn’t know what to say so I just walked away leaving him talking. Ignorant selfish slob