I don't know what to do now

Don

Went to Slocum sunday. Caught 4 fish. Small but we all know that is you cook anything long enough it becomes edible and so it was with a bucket of Dinks. Today I fished all day. Saw 3 Pickerel, caught only one and nothing else. So is this it for the year? I guess I'm not like some of the crazy Bass guys that fish and fish in the freezing cold just to catch an occasional fish. Should I switch to Trout at Walters or give it a rest until march? WWYD

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I couldn’t buy a bite at Blue Marsh today. I’ve had my fair share of slow days there but not even a bite! I found plenty of bait. It looks like they are in their winter pattern? I’m hearing the same thing about a terrific striper bite in the bay that just shut off today, figures, I am going Thursday. Boo!

After Thursday, I think I am going to hang it up for a while and start working out again. Nothing serious, just cardio, maybe lose that 8lbs I put on recently drinking my sorrows away watching eagles games. Lol

Don

I waited as well A-5....then I put a cushion on my boat seat, Sweeet!

So you guys are saying that since Panfish and Bass crashed I might catch trout in lakes? Never thought of that. One member hath told me theyre not worth eating up north. but if caught in Crystal Clear local lakes shouldn't they be better tasting. Should I smoke them instead?
Maybe I should just get to know a depth sounder and crawl around in deep water until I find schools of Panfish and use small larvae to entice them. It does seem like open water stuff is done. Since I've never fished this late I'm watching for your examples. I've half a mind to just put the boat away until March 1.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Definitely a good time to learn a finder or your lake(s) if they draw done. Blue Marsh for example draws down, last year I marked a bunch of structure that I would not normally have noticed.

I hear lakers are not good eating but stream trout would be good. They don’t bite as much as Pa-ers believe in the winter though. They just fish better than most fish. Trout metabolism slows around 52 degrees so once winter kicks in, a stream that produces 10 trout in an outing might only produce 2.

Don

I used to fish the Lehigh Parkway 35 years ago when I could walk decently. I live in Emmaus then. Gold spinners, sunshine and snow. Those days are gone. I did okay last fall late for Perch and bluegill at Mauch Chunk. I basically started following an old guy and his wife around in their boat. He would tell me where to cast and up came a few fish. Not really something I want to do over and over, latching onto strangers like that but he was a funny and talkative guy and we had a great time 100' apart.
The point is if the old guy didn't have a finder and I hadn't followed him around like a lost puppy I would have been skunked.

Solitario Lupo

Been getting skunked on some days but hooking into a couple here there. Doesn’t hurt to switch up. A lot of fish are getting sluggish. I’ve been running around doing some lake fishing from shore then going to do some creek fishing.

Solitario Lupo

Warmwater species are getting sluggish trout thrive in this water.

The fish commission is doing their fall/winter stockings of trout right now. They usually don’t swim that far when they are first stocked.

Perch should be biting.

MB3

I'm getting tired of the cold, I'm actually ready to move south to get away from it.

Fishing for me stopped when the bite did right about this time of year. The last few years I have switched to picking at streams for trout on decent days. I detest fishing below freezing. Frozen eyelets making for a long, frustrating day. I'd rather wait for Spring.