I just can’t quit you SR

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I handed over deposit money to my buddy last evening and we’re heading back to the Salmon River in late Sept. again.

We decided to forego Tailwater this upcoming season and rent a house. We found a real nice place built in 2021 on the other side of Route 13, near the museum. You can find it on Airbnb under the name Alkineaur if you’re curious.

We liked the idea of all of us being together this year as our group is one of those rare groups where everyone actually likes each other. Lol but seriously, you always have one or two guys that whine about another, that is not the case with this group, we all fit the same mold.

We are looking forward to everyone making their special dish and eating like kings and of course, catching and having a good time. There is a stream on the property that is suppose to have brook trout too which is interesting to me. I suppose I’ll have to bring my trout rod and give it a run.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Let the Shenanigans begin! ;) Leaving in 30 minutes. The amount of food and specialty dishes that are being brought is insane, it is a good thing we added a large pack of Tums to the cart while we were shopping yesterday. We will eat like kings, hopefully we catch like them too!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Thank you for the Luck wishes. The trip was great from a "time with the boys" aspect and the fishing good, not as good as last year but still good. I'll post some pics and story in a couple of days. My trip began with my buddy picking me up and telling me he just got over some kind of nasty cold.....today, I am nursing the flu so I am not real motivated to think right now. Friends......Ugh! LOL

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
So....I got over my "flu" and a day later my son got sick. He was a little more proactive than me and went to the doctors office, the result, Covid. So I guess ?? I had that again. No special treatments prescribed for him, just OTC stuff you would use for a Flu type illness. He seemed to perk up last night watching the Phils so I am hoping it is the end for his illness.

To complicate things further, when I got back from the Salmon Trip, within an hour, I showered and packed another bag and headed out to Penn State to see my daughter for Parents Weekend, things were busy! And then she also got sick. Ugh! I am Typhoid Mary! or was I guess. She was out last night so I am hoping that means she is feeling better now.

Melvinp

So....I got over my "flu" and a day later my son got sick. He was a little more proactive than me and went to the doctors office, the result, Covid. So I guess ?? I had that again. No special treatments prescribed for him, just OTC stuff you would use for a Flu type illness. He seemed to perk up last night watching the Phils so I am hoping it is the end for his illness.

To complicate things further, when I got back from the Salmon Trip, within an hour, I showered and packed another bag and headed out to Penn State to see my daughter for Parents Weekend, things were busy! And then she also got sick. Ugh! I am Typhoid Mary! or was I guess. She was out last night so I am hoping that means she is feeling better now.
Lol that’s what my boy called me with Covid when you get healthy post your river pictures

A-5

I was up last week had really good moments but it seemed like our one spit wasn’t productive. We spent way too long on it so that sucked But it was a great time resetting and getting away

3512633A-FC9E-4427-94CE-CE7283BF86BB.jpeg54A3C946-BE38-49BB-84D3-91676BF53972.jpeg21412600-F371-42C6-9745-137146549577.jpeg9581EFC7-8085-4EC2-8B59-D527AF28D5D7.jpeg6FD739AE-E13F-49FF-8B52-6E44EC4D12BB.jpeg9F4FD448-AC91-4308-9610-EF00BB192821.jpeg42406766-F3D4-46EB-AD24-8A09C80E806C.jpegC252A81C-EC64-422B-B8B8-5FF76B149115.jpeg00B562C7-EA0C-4FD5-BB9D-70038368F62F.jpeg90A8EA9D-656E-4F6E-ABA9-C257F259CA4E.jpeg